• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Webmaster Tool: Fetch/render Partial ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yes ... for a more wordy clarification see:

http://www.highranki...is/#entry337655

#17 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

The only time to update a post is when you are fixing a problem (or clarifying information that has changed). In the blogging world everything works around the fact that each post is somehow separate and distinct from every other post (as a location on the blog).

#18 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

hmm.. good point.. so u are saying, when ever I finished writing a post.. close it.. and then write the next one.. a new one.. close it, and keep going... instead of adding content over and over again to one post... right ?

Isn't it fairly obvious that that is how blog software is designed to work?

• chrishirst likes this

#19 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

@Michael:

The only time to update a post is when you are fixing a problem (or clarifying information that has changed). In the blogging world everything works around the fact that each post is somehow separate and distinct from every other post (as a location on the blog)

Who says this ? Google God ? 

@Jill:

actually, I never thought about it.. I never really understood why people make such a big difference between posts and pages.. dang... I tried hard to dig more into the technical stuff.. but I am not good at it at all.. in fact, I hate it.... and I don't want to care anymore about what google might have in his algo.. if it's better to publish your stuff as a page, or as a post.. ..... 

why should I anyways, if google changes everything every month... a few years ago, everybody told me.. you need to have the Author crap everywhere.. yeah to get the rich snippet of an Author in the SERPS.. .. and ? today it's gone.. people spent a [img]http://www.highrankings.com/forum/style_images/poo.gif[/img] lot of time to work just on that.. and boom... what a waste... 

for me what count's are URLs...  and the text which is on it, so let's call it content... haha... some pretty pictures or videos.. I am a visual person.... and nope.. have no clue what the developers of WP planed out .. don't know what they had in mind when they programmed WP .... and I simple try to NOT care anymore...  just using it since it's a free solution and I was not able to find anything else...

also.. who determines if a post is closed or not.. where is the bible that says .. this is where the post starts and this is where it has to end  ? Where is the start of a topic, where is the end ? Who is the god and lord of all posts that determines that you have to have a minimum from 300 words or a max from 2k words ?

Does it really matter if you navigate with buttons on the top of the page, on the left side with funny bees, on the right side with goofy pictures, through a widget or in a directory ? 

you see.. of course we can all look into these topics deeper.. we can try to analizye and go crazy about every minor detail.... and many people like that stuff...   I don't... I hate going into the micro world of SEO..  

we can all hunt numbers, analytics, and rotten plugins which are promising us to get traffic and to convert... but I don't want to care about that stuff anymore..

I just want to focus on my blog, on my content and my audience.. and that I can reach them, that they can read my BS, and if they like it, they can sign up and hopefully in future I can help them with some stuff and in far far future.. hopefully I'll be rewarded for it with a few $...

which indeed, is everyones final goal, to make money... isn't it ? lol;

#20 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Who says this ? Google God ? 

Nope! That IS what 'blogging' is, an individual 'post' for every entry.

"blog" is a diminuitive of "web log", and a 'log' is a series of events nominally arranged in chronological order.

Wow! Congrats reseo for having a successful traffic. Wish I could do the same thing too! :)

Stop concentrating on the 'engine' and you might.

#21 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

@Chris:

hmm.. I see... I see... a chronological order.. this was the key I guess.. thx Chris... have never thought about this... lol;

@rodelturns:

not sure if this is a success or not.. can't really tell.. since I have no history data.. but I think it's an audience I can start working with.. but traffic alone is nothing.. I can tell you.. I need to learn to help my audience, to serve them with a solution for their need.. right now, I have no idea how I can do this.. but that's the key.. if I can find a solution for their problem, then I might be able to convert, to sell....

it's funny.. since I started writing about stuff I like to talk.. didn't think about selling anything upfront.. my main goal was to see if I could possible rank ... I guess this is where everyone starts.. writing something, and after the first 500k words, everybody expects to be seen in the top10 of google.. but this stuff.. lol; is not going to happen.. it never was happening for me...

anyways.. I did do things a bit different.. and the the major part was.. it sounds stupid I know.. but I didn't give a damm anymore about SEO... lol;

instead, I was writing and writing and writing every day, related stuff.. .. and then after one month almost nothing happened... after two month I had some little uplifiting movement.. and after three month I couldn't believe my google analytics..  to be honest.. because I never really had any traffic.. I had to check everywhere, like smrush, semalt, etc.. I really thought this is not happening...

when I was searching for some keywords and my site popped up.. I thought it's just poppping up because it's my personal website. you know, google saves your search profile or something like this.. so I never trust if my site pops up on my end...

but heck yeah, guess what.. I did what Chris told me.. and his poo.gif is the best [img]http://www.highrankings.com/forum/style_images/poo.gif[/img] ever, and it simple works !!!

lol; and now.. it's time for a fresh ice cold blonde my friend.. cheers.... 

Edited by reseo, 16 December 2014 - 07:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.