• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Re-Titled My Webpage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BloominHuman

BloominHuman

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

I am trying to figure out why Google has added my personal name (Teven, Scott) to several of my photo business webpage titles. The example I have attached represents a sample listing of one of several pages I have found in G search results. In this particular instance the 2 word phrase "Texas Photography" is all I actually placed in the title tag for this page. Has anyone seen this before ? Any idea why G would have added this ?

Attached Thumbnails

• Teven, Scott - Added to SERP.png

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

Because your two "key" word title is pretty damned poor, so Google decided to write a better one, they have been doing that for quite a few years now.

If you write GOOD titles, Google will probably use yours, so take the hint Google is giving you, ...  and improve your document titles.

http://www.highranki.../allabouttitles

http://www.highranki...-tags-revisited

http://webmaster-tal...ng-a-page-title

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

If you write GOOD titles, Google will probably use yours

Not necessarily. They think they know best, however. 

#4 BloominHuman

BloominHuman

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

OK, that particular example is not a very good title. Nonetheless, I have many other pages with good titles which have also been edited by Google - with the addition of my personal name displaying in SERP. Can I make a request to Google not to do this ? 

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Sometimes Google changes them based on the search query. And sometimes they just add company names to the end.

No, you can't request them to change them. And no, there's nothing you can do about it other than try to create your titles similarly to how Google is doing it for you so that they "accept" them as is.

#6 BloominHuman

BloominHuman

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Jill. I will try to re-title and re-submit the page and see what happens.

The re-titling may have something to do with the way I structured spammy SEO into many of my photo gallery pages "back in the day" but that is rather off topic. I may start a different thread for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.