• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Using Hma To Access Multiple Ip Addresses

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KDBwebsolutions

KDBwebsolutions

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

Has anyone ever tried using HMA (Hide My Ass) to access multiple IP adresses from one access point, and then click on the Google organic ranking of your website to help increase the ammount of unique visitors recognized by Google?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

"Traffic" does NOT increase 'rankings' and Google doesn't 'care' whether the result gets clicked or not.

#3 KDBwebsolutions

KDBwebsolutions

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

So If I'm ranking my home page for they word phrase "REMOVED" in the Atlanta area, and I click on the my url from the organic results page, and I spend an ample amount of time navigating the website, Google isn't going to recognize my website as relevent to the search term, thus increasing rankings?

Edited by chrishirst, 20 November 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

People have used far more sophisticated methods to try to influence Google's search results with clicks. It doesn't work.
  • Jill likes this

#5 KDBwebsolutions

KDBwebsolutions

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

People have used far more sophisticated methods to try to influence Google's search results with clicks. It doesn't work.

That's what I thought. Not that I use "backdoor" SEO techniques, but it was something interest I'd heard of on a previous forum.

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

How does Google 'know' that some one is 'clicking around your site' anyway not to mention the time it takes?????

#7 KDBwebsolutions

KDBwebsolutions

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

How does Google 'know' that some one is 'clicking around your site' anyway not to mention the time it takes?????

Bounce Rate, Page Sessions, and Avg. Session Duration on Google Analytics...Which are pretty important metrics as far as Google is concerned...

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

Bounce Rate, Page Sessions, and Avg. Session Duration on Google Analytics..

Nope, it may look that way because Google assumes that the analysis is being used by someone who actually understands what they are reading!

But if you think it makes ANY difference to the search results .....

You are;

ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY WRONG

#9 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

Bounce Rate, Page Sessions, and Avg. Session Duration on Google Analytics...Which are pretty important metrics as far as Google is concerned...

They are important metrics to many marketers. Google's search team has said time and again they don't use these metrics. And Google Analytics is only used by a small fraction of the Web anyway. Even if Google wanted to use that data it would not include enough sites to be useful.

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

They are important metrics to many marketers.

Of course they are provided they actually understand what they are looking at, unfortunately when Google bought Urchin and turned it into Google Analytics they gave it to a huge volume of people who really had little or no idea about marketing and traffic analysis. So here we with thousands of 'experts' who think a high 'bounce' rate is bad, visitors NOT spending an hour reading every single word on every page is bad and NONE OF THEM can find anything that actually teaches them the REAL facts, yet VAST numbers of these people still find and read the garbage that was written fifteen years ago by people who were clueless then and are still clueless today.

• Michael Martinez likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.