• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Stolen Duplicate Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 krkt

krkt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

I really didn't know where to ask this, but I hope that somebody of this live community gonna know it.

I had this site with a great and unique content which I discontinued and content got copied to one of the reputable social community pages. And now I want to start that project again from the beginning, but I'm stuck because of the duplicated content. I contacted site admin of the social site and he agreed to put a link to my site, but now i don't know what will be Google's reaction to this, because in its eyes I will be the one who republished theirs content. What should I do? Do I have to rewrite that content or I can leave it as it is?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Why does "What Google 'thinks' " matter?

It's not really their concern over whether you "restart" the project or not, using whatever content you want to.

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

I would rewrite the content anyway (but take the links).
  • krkt likes this

#4 krkt

krkt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

Why does "What Google 'thinks' " matter?

It's not really their concern over whether you "restart" the project or not, using whatever content you want to.

Because i want to be found. And i wnat to be usefull and i want to get link juice from highly rated site.

I would rewrite the content anyway (but take the links).

Thank you for yor reply.
One more thing what makes me cautious. If that content is completly unrelated to my niche is it bad to have a backlink on the bottom of the site?

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

Because i want to be found.

You don't need Google's 'permission' to be "found", there is FAR more to the Internet than Google, sure it can be useful, but it is FAR from essential.

And i wnat to be usefull and i want to get link juice from highly rated site.

You don't "need" Google for any of those either.

Contrary to popular belief 'life' on the Internet does not revolve around Google search.

• krkt likes this

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

One more thing what makes me cautious. If that content is completly unrelated to my niche is it bad to have a backlink on the bottom of the site?

Would you turn down a link from the home page of any or all of these Websites?

Bing
CNN
Facebook
Google
Pinterest
Reuters
Twitter
Yahoo!

Frankly, relevance of source site for link to destination is way over-amplified by Web marketers. When you are not the one who decides whether to link to your site (or where to link from) then the search engines really don't care about how "relevant" it is.
  • krkt likes this

#7 krkt

krkt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:57 AM

You don't need Google's 'permission' to be "found", there is FAR more to the Internet than Google, sure it can be useful, but it is FAR from essential.

You don't "need" Google for any of those either.

Contrary to popular belief 'life' on the Internet does not revolve around Google search.

You see im targeting 2milion country. And google is the moust popular site in this country and its free. I just have to work on that. Besides content is for large masses and its beeing searched a lot. If im promoting it elsewhere it will probably get just temporary vistors. Its not like everybody presses retweet or anything. Its moustly cold and careless nation.

Would you turn down a link from the home page of any or all of these Websites?

Bing
CNN
Facebook
Google
Pinterest
Reuters
Twitter
Yahoo!

Frankly, relevance of source site for link to destination is way over-amplified by Web marketers. When you are not the one who decides whether to link to your site (or where to link from) then the search engines really don't care about how "relevant" it is.

Thank you its you have some good points.

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:50 AM

You see im targeting 2milion country.

So???? That IS the same for EVERYBODY targeting  whatever country you are 'targeting'

And google is the moust popular site in this country and its free

And???

As I said; Google is NOT the be all and end all.

If im promoting it elsewhere it will probably get just temporary vistors

Wrong! Good promotion WILL get genuine interested visitors, Search is what brings FAR MORE 'temporary visitors.

Contrary to popular belief, traffic from 'natural' search is NOT particularly 'targeted', whereas promoting to interested people IS.

Its not like everybody presses retweet or anything. Its moustly cold and careless nation.

And why should that matter?????

#9 krkt

krkt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

chrishirst

I understand your point, but its not that i have loads of time to promote and do different kind of marketing activities on every project wich i launch. Besides it's not like that country have even its own real SEO forum, atleast. Many niches is uncovered, because there is not enough money in economy. There is some groups wich you can target, other ones do not exist.  And gathering people one by one is not the thing what i would like to do. I usually take seo optimization and backlink building path and then trying to amaze with a design, ux and content. Im one mans business. That i want just to create seo optimized network of pages, so i could offer good quality links to my clients.

#10 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Well, if you don't have any time to spend on promotions and you don't want to spend money, you've got bigger problems than we can solve here.

See, you mentioned in an earlier post that getting ranked in Google is "free." That's only true if you count the value of your time as zero.

There's an old saying of which I am fond: There's fast, there's cheap, and there's good. You get to pick TWO.

Assuming you want good results, then you have to choose between fast and cheap. You will pay one way or the other. The only question is whether you pay with money or with time. You can choose to pay an expert (with money) and have them do all the things that are necessary to get the results you want, or you can spend a LOT of your own time learning and implementing all these things.

It doesn't matter whether you're talking about general marketing or SEO or whatever. If you want good results, either you put in the time to do it yourself or you pay the money to have someone else do it for you.

There is no free lunch.

And frankly, this is a really scary line:

That i want just to create seo optimized network of pages, so i could offer good quality links to my clients.

This is probably the most terrible idea I've read all day. This is exactly the sort of thing that Google has been cracking down on with their Penguin updates. If your goal is to get all your "clients" penalized, you couldn't have come up with a more efficient way of going about it.

Once again, there are no shortcuts. If you want good results, you have to put in the work.

--Torka :oldfogey:

Edited by torka, 08 October 2014 - 12:03 PM.
added info

#11 krkt

krkt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'm aware how much time it takes to do it and i have some experience in doing it the wrong way and right way. I have studied marketing and done some seo.

My country is a bit different - its not overcrowded and its still possible to rank well without thousands of back-links, so probably i wont get penalized for a few back-links on my own sites at the bottom, as well on other sites, where i can get them(do-follow). And Google can not read context so clearly as it is in English. It's doable.

So i already have some good relevant 4+ back-links from high PR, old site. Its means i have to do some 20+ more, not more than that. I have my own list of sites where i can get back-links, so i will pick the best ones. I don't need marketing strategy, because content sells it's self - it's shareable. What i need is a high rankings for my main site, so I can become legit SEO guy. Currently on  PR2 with not much of effort.

Time is the almost only asset what i have. And i need to learn some things as well if i want to make my own living.

In this country ether you are a slave or entrepreneur. Unfortunately, you can not earn, by doing a good job at something...

Thank you all for your effort.

#12 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

As long as your interest lies in creating a link network you run the risk of ruining whatever good will you may have had with Google.

Case closed. Thread closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.