• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Seo When Upgrading To A Completely New Site?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pipahansdk

pipahansdk

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

Hi there.

This might have ben up a few times, but i really need some help, and fast.

So i am all new in the word of SEO, and have only ben focusing on creating websites, but now i need to do some SEO too.

I've created a new website for at smaller company, whom already by a search on google is ranked as #1. So my problem, i've created this new site, on another server, and we are ready to move our domain to the new server.  So the goal will be, to stay in the top of a relevant search. Fo this, i ensured to get a good score on seo testing tools, and created robot.txt  and sitemap.xml.

an also some micro data.

What i need to know, is, if there is some special techniques when upgrading a site, to a all new version, on a new server.

futhermore, i would like to know, how it is possible to get listed with some subpages on google. https://support.goog...rs/answer/47334 is this the only options?

best regards

Christian

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

I've created a new website for at smaller company, whom already by a search on google is ranked as #1

As it would with it being 'new'

futhermore, i would like to know, how it is possible to get listed with some subpages on google.

YOU can't, Google's algorithms will "decide" if your 'site' warrants being shown with "sitelinks" or not.

Fo this, i ensured to get a good score on seo testing tools

The ONLY SEO "testing tool"  worth ANYTHING at all are the search engines themselves, all the rest are just some one's guess, therefore USELESS.

and created robot.txt

robots.txt is an exclusion protocol ... You can only use it to tell crawlers where NOT to go.

What i need to know, is, if there is some special techniques when upgrading a site, to a all new version, on a new server.

Don't change URIs or, if you do .. redirect the original URIs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.