• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Facebook Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 karthick

karthick

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hi,

For my Facebook page 2000 likes are there. But the issue is while i am posting updates it got reached to only 100 people. Can you people Pls explain What is the issue?

How to Resolve it?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:05 AM

All 2000 people haven't visited the page since the post was put up, only 100 did. There's nothing to fix, that's how it works.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

Facebook doesn't show your updates to everyone who "liked" your page. Their algorithm supposedly determines which updates each individual would be most interested in from both pages and friends, and displays those in their timeline. Your page updates will likely never reach all 2,000 of the people who "liked" the page, unless all 2,000 of them physically visit your page.

--Torka :oldfogey:

Edited by torka, 26 September 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#4 karthick

karthick

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Thanks to both of you..But while i am posting single image it reached around 500 people and while posting 2 images in single post it reached to only 1oo members. Can i know what is the reason??

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

Sorry, I'm all out of guesses as to why something that I have no idea what it is, where it is or how many people it is supposed to apply to does not actually apply to the people you think it should.

Search marketing, optimising and promotion certainly;

Clairvoyance and/or mind reading  is not part of that skill set.

Two photos of WHAT for goodness sake??

If one was of a mouse and the other of a goldfish, it would probably only appeal to Piranha breeders, so it's audience may be somewhat limited.

We are talking about human beings (hopefully) and if you want to to get hyper-analytical about why 'X' only applied to a subset of 'A' and 'B', you will have to start creating Venn diagrams and calculating the areas of intersections to see what may apply to each group.

But if you are expecting a guess as a useful reply to the question of;

"Can i know what is the reason??"

The answer is ... ... "No you can't"

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

As Chris said, it isn't just about how many images you posted, but the topic of those images. It also depends on how many of your followers shared the post to their followers, how many "likes" the post attracted, the time of day you posted, what other things were being posted by other people at the same time, and probably a ton of other factors we don't know about.

If you want to be sure your posts will be proactively shown to more people on Facebook, you'll have to pay for their advertising.

As long as you're simply posting stuff for free, all you can do is post and hope for the best. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.