• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Cpc: Why Is It Changing ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Ok.. yeah.. this all makes sense.... 

I think it's somehow similar to the google algo for ranking in the SERPS. 

What means: No one really knows the algo - except google, and they will never release.

And for AdSense it seems to be the same - even more complex.

Why I was getting so confused is the fact that you read stories across the web - how you can increase the payment if someone clicks an Ad.

In my opinion:

That seems to be impossible.

Again, my first thought was, it might have some variables and factors included like we know from the some ranking factors in the SERPS.

There we know: If other websites are linking to your content, that is valuable for ranking, if PR is good, content is relevant, etc. etc. Just to mention a few factors....

And so I thought... ok.. if AdSense is similar, we might have similar factors - factors that will lead into a higher payment for clicks.

But again.. reading through all your comments.. my conclusion would be the following:

a) No one except google could tell you the exact math, formula, factors and math behind the payment of the AdSense clicks

point a leads to the fact that it's simple impossible to predict, or to plan any higher payments through AdSense clicks

One more thing, to make it absolutely clear:

Lot's of people are saying, if you look for Keywords that have a high Advertiser (AdWords) CPC - your payments for your AdSense clicks will be also higher if you rank with that Keyword in the SERPS and if the topic and content is related.

True/Wrong ?

I would say - it kinda sound logical, because if Advertisers are willing to pay more money, you should also have a higher payment through the AdSense CPC.

But fact is. It's not proven, there is no confirmation from google. So I can't count it.

@Chris:

if I could follow your comments..  especially the example with the Advertiser.. the rotation, and all the different factors... I would say:

- There is no way to influence anything to raise your payments for AdSense clicks

- How much you get payed per click, depends on so many different factors, that either you are lucky to get payed a higher CPC - or you simple get payed a lower one -  period.

And finally... I really have no clue who would ever plan an income stream from google AdSense...

but holly cow - I would never bet on that horse - to many unknown factors, not stable enough, dependency to google is to big.... just my few cents....

So in my opinion, big big no no's.

Well yeah... what doesn't mean you can make a few $ - just for fun - but building a business upon AdSense... holy cow..  if someone is doing that - damm, sounds really scary to me !

Ok.. ok... so not sure if I was able to cover all... but I hope at least I won a much better overall picture.... and please .. like always.. feel free to correct me if I am totally wrong with my final conclusion.

thank you so much for all your input - appreciate it !!!

Edited by reseo, 04 September 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

I once reviewed a website that was making something like $20k per month from Adsense. It was a great site with tons and tons of up-to-date information, and always being added to. 

In fact, it was so good that I had to give the client back their money for the site audit because I couldn't really find anything wrong with it! 

So it is possible, but it's got to take a long, long, time and a hell of a lot of work. This was also many years ago, and I'm not sure if things have changed since then for this particular website. 

• reseo likes this

#18 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Basically it's like all things search related, do it right and do it well and rewards may follow, try and force it your way and disaster will likely ensue.
  • reseo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.