• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Doesn't Seem To Index My Multi-Region Website

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Has86

Has86

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hello there, 

Here's the problem, I have a Website and agreeing to the spam policy to do not promoting myself let's say the domain name is www.mysupposedwebsite.com/  that offers jobs for Tunisians, lately I've created with the same domain a sub-domain ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/  that offers jobs for Moroccans. both sites have the same structure (search engine), same language, but they target different country (Tunisia, Marocco). 
I used the tag 

<link rel = "alternate" hreflang = "en-tn" href = "http://www.mysupposedwebsite.com/" />
<link rel = "alternate" hreflang = "en-ma" href = "http://ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/" />

to inform Google that they are two different version that target different countries and it is not "duplicante content" 
but it seems that Google does not want to index the Moroccan version, only the home page is indexed ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/ 
Note: Both site have the same structure, for example: 
 www.mysupposedwebsite.com/page1.html indexed by google 
 ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/page1.html not indexed by google

www.mysupposedwebsite.com/directory1/page2.php indexed by google 
 ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/directory1/page2.php not not indexed by google 

It's strange, as I'm sure I worked honestly on these sites (white hat seo), is it possible that I am penalized by google for some reason I do not know, how to know ?? I say that because the traffic is low right now, but I admit I did not have a strategy for backlinks !! 

Final Note the two sites are added to my Google Webmaster tools and Google Analytics accounts

I think I spoke too mush but anyway, Someone know what's happening, thanks :)

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,934 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

to inform Google that they are two different version that target different countries and it is not "duplicante content"

But given this;

same language,

They ARE duplicate content. Why do you use two sites when all you really need is two filters on your database so users can select what country to show results for?

I say that because the traffic is low right now, but I admit I did not have a strategy for backlinks !!

No one ever needs a strategy for 'backlinks', you need a strategy for site promotion and marketing. That way you never fall into the trap of spamming sites for links.

Traffic and referrals from Search take time to develop, when you have started promoting your URLs to real users, both traffic and referrals will follow.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

It sounds like they're new sites. Traffic isn't going to just come to them. You need a marketing strategy. Once the word gets out, and if people start really using and finding your site helpful, Google will also take notice. But they won't care about it until you put some real marketing work into it. Nor will they care about it if real people don't care about it.

#4 Has86

Has86

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

It sounds like they're new sites. Traffic isn't going to just come to them. You need a marketing strategy. Once the word gets out, and if people start really using and finding your site helpful, Google will also take notice. But they won't care about it until you put some real marketing work into it. Nor will they care about it if real people don't care about it.

Yes it's new 3 months old, I am working in marketing strategy i believe it's important but i guess the probleme isn't necessary that google should trust my website for INDEXING i believe google trust is important for RANKING otherwise why google indexed my first website (the one dedicated to Tunisian 102.000 pages indexed) and refuse to index the second one (the one dedicated to Marrocon)

I think the solution is to find a way to tell google that it's not the same site, i mean it's the same in structure and design but not the content it's for another country.

I read google support about the topic and i believe i did what they said. 

Anyway i am searching the web for a solution, i will keep you in touch, please if somebody have an idea any idea feel free to make me know about it. Thanks

#5 Has86

Has86

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

But given this;

They ARE duplicate content. Why do you use two sites when all you really need is two filters on your database so users can select what country to show results for?

No one ever needs a strategy for 'backlinks', you need a strategy for site promotion and marketing. That way you never fall into the trap of spamming sites for links.

Traffic and referrals from Search take time to develop, when you have started promoting your URLs to real users, both traffic and referrals will follow.

I am not sure about duplicate content, because i just did what they said to do in google support.

The idea was that http://www.mysupposedwebsite.com/ is for one country and the http://ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/  for the other one. I know that your solution is a good one and it will be greater if we add IP geolocalisation to it but for now it's a matter of choise. 

The probleme here is that google don't seem to index the Marrocan version http://ma.mysupposedwebsite.com/

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,934 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

I am not sure about duplicate content, because i just did what they said to do in google support.

I would suggest that you have misunderstood with regards to using identical content on two sites with only the odd word(s) changing.

but for now it's a matter of choise.

Ok then, so for now you will have to live with the choice that Google has made in not indexing your site URLs

#7 Has86

Has86

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

I would suggest that you have misunderstood with regards to using identical content on two sites with only the odd word(s) changing.

I may misunderstood what google recommend in their support online, please tell me if you find my mistake. here is the link if you want take a look.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en#2 

Ok then, so for now you will have to live with the choice that Google has made in not indexing your site URLs

There must be a solution because it's strange that google say do this and this and then reward you by not indexing your site. 

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,934 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

"Different languages"
  and
"strongly recommend that you provide unique content for each different group of users"
 and
"you should pick a preferred version and redirect (or use the rel=canonical link element)"

are the important bits you missed.

Two URLs, same content, same language means ONE OF THEM is probably NOT going to be indexed and/or shown to users.

And YOU don't get to choose which it is.

#9 Has86

Has86

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

"Different languages"
  and
"strongly recommend that you provide unique content for each different group of users"
 and
"you should pick a preferred version and redirect (or use the rel=canonical link element)"

First thank you for taking the time to take a look at the google support and provide me with this information.

I want to say that only the structure, design and the Home page of the two Websites are the same. there is no dupplicate content. In fact my website is search engine of job offer, it mean that the user put his keywords (job and the region or city) he clic and get the results so you understand that it's not the same result that a user from Tunisia will get and a user from Marroco for the same keyword (engineer for exemple)

There is no different language It's the same language(Frensh) but different country.

The on-page seo(keywords, titles, urls...) are different in the two version.

#10 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

I want to say that only the structure, design and the Home page of the two Websites are the same. there is no dupplicate content.

Then you shouldn't have any problem in that regard.

#11 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,934 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

it mean that the user put his keywords (job and the region or city) he clic and get the results so you understand that it's not the same result that a user from Tunisia will get and a user from Marroco for the same keyword (engineer for exemple)

But what do search engines crawlers see? Because they can't 'put keywords in' and 'click' on a button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!