• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Internet Accessibility Problem Thru End Of August 2014

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Back in May 2014 Cisco warned Tier 1 Internet Service Providers that many of the Border Gateway Protocol routers they were using would soon max out. I don't want to get too technical but basically the older routers can only store about a half million routes in their memory.

This week technical analysts began reporting that BGP routers are failing at numerous Tier 1 providers, leading to temporary Internet outages for surfers and in at least one case Web hosting companies.

The Tier 1 providers (and any other secondary providers affected by this issue) are in the process of upgrading their routers. One analyst suggested the upgrades may take 1-2 weeks before all the services have fixed the problem.

If any of you are currently experiencing problems with Website traffic and you feel it's because you have a bad hosting provider, you may want to wait 1-2 weeks just to see if it's the BGP problem.

I know 2 weeks can cost you a lot of money but if it IS the BGP problem then moving your site may not result in any better service for you until the routers are upgraded.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

Oh yes, I had the "eBay problem" off and on for a couple of days last week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!