• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

How To Find The Strongest Pages Of A Domain ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any tool that allows you to search on a specific domain for the strongest pages.

With strongest I mean pages that do have good traffic, and also a good backlink profile as well as a high Pagerank.

Is there anything out there that allows you to figure that out ?

thx a lot

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,622 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Good traffic - your analytics program can tell you that.

Good backlink profile - as we already answered here, there is no way to check all the links pointing to a page (and not much reason to do so), nor is there any way to know for sure which links are counting in your favor, which are counting against you and which are simply being ignored. You can probably make some good guesses, but you'll never know for certain. So check links using whatever tool/tools you're most comfortable with, knowing that none of them will give you the full picture.

High PageRank - no way to tell. The PR that counts is a closely-guarded secret. All you can see is Toolbar PR, which is next to useless.

I'm sure there are "tools" out there that purport to do this analysis for you in one quick and easy click, but I don't see any reason to pay for something that you can do quite easily yourself for free. (Plus, digging into the details for yourself is an excellent learning experience, one that you will not get using somebody else's "easy one click SEO tool.")

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• reseo likes this

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Once again, you're focusing on the minutiae rather than on those things that are important. 

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Your question sounds to me like you're interested in competitive intelligence.  There are no decent competitive intelligence tools out there.  Absolutely none.

#5 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

Ohh.. well.. First thx for all the info.. appreciate it. The reason why I am interested in that particular question is quite simple.

I just want to know what specific sites are doing well. And for instance, lets say you would have a tool you type in a domain. And the output would show you the top 10 pages from the domain. Traffic, PR,  Backlink Profile. .. and interesting to see the content, to actually see why such pages are doing so well.

Right now I am using SEO QUAKE and google. Site:www.domain.com

and then I sort and look at a high PR site. .. but yeah, u can imagine that's like looking for a list needle...

But that's just my thought behind. Hope that helps to explain why I am interested in that question. 

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

You have to have access to their analytics (and conversions/sales) data to really know how well they are doing.  Most competitive intelligence tools are a joke.  All of them are really limited in what they can do for you.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,949 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

and then I sort and look at a high PR site.

URLs have PR NOT "sites", and for goodness sake stop looking at that Silly Green Bar like an unsuspecting rabbit caught in headlights.

And for instance, lets say you would have a tool you type in a domain. And the output would show you the top 10 pages from the domain. Traffic, PR,  Backlink Profile. .. and interesting to see the content, to actually see why such pages are doing so well.

Own that site and you can read the logs, other than that, ...... ..... You ain't got a cat in hell's chance of getting that information.

Just ask yourself, if you had a very successful Internet site, getting good converting traffic from many sources, and earning a decent crust from it ...... .....

... ...

Would YOU tell anybody and everybody where it came from and what it is worth?????

• reseo likes this

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

I would imagine you could waste money on the Moz toolset to do something similar to what you want.

#9 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

@chris:

yes.. thx... sorry.. I meant of course Urls when I typed sites.. 

hmm.. yeah.. I wasn't actually thinking about my own pages.. more about others... lol;

but I see all your points....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!