• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Maintenance Mode And Lost Search Engine Results

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tmali01

Tmali01

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hi,

I put my blog in maintenance mode for a little over a month and then disabled maintenance mode two days ago. Now, my blog and domain name don't show up at all on google search. After reading about the negative impact that maintenance mode can have on a site, I now realize that it was foolish to have done this. It's like google doesn't even recognize my site or any of my blog posts at all.

Will my site automatically get back to normal and rank again in google now that it's out of maintenance mode? It's been over two days back online and it's invisible on google.

Will google start crawling my site automatically again now that it's out of maintenance mode?

Thanks very much!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,771 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Well it has been denied access for several weeks, and if the crawler can't access the URLs Google isn't going to direct visitors to them.

#3 Tmali01

Tmali01

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Will the crawler start to access the URL's again now?

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

It may take a few weeks but they'll come back and check on the site periodically and start crawling again. You can always use the "Fetch as Googlebot" feature in Webmaster Tools to submit your site to the index.

I would submit the page with the most links to other pages on the site and tell it to index that page and all the pages it links to.

#5 Tmali01

Tmali01

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thanks very much for the answers. I used the fetch feature on Google webmaster's and it worked out very well.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!