• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Duplicate Content Situations & Solutions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quicklovedeeply

quicklovedeeply

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

1. I've been a nationwide bride/groom wedding minister matching service. I match engaged couples with a local minister-associate of mine in THEIR ceremony site area. . . My plan now is to create 10 unique local sites each with a local-specific URL (e.g., dallasweddingofficiants.com, milwaukeeweddingofficiants.com, columbusweddingofficiants.com-- each with highly unique content info to the city in the URL).

2. There is only one action I want an engaged couple to do: fill out a form with their ceremony information (which is then emailed to me).

3. QUESTION: From a duplicate content point-of-view, is it better to have the same form as a separate page for each local site (10 local URL sites, each with same form page coming to my email address) * * OR * * better to not have the same form 10 times but to instead have on each a link on each local Home Page TO a generic form on a different site of mine, my nationwide site? All local sites linking to the same form on a different site. From a lead info point of view, it's the same either way for me because I end up with the info I need to serve the couple.

Anyone know the answer? If there is one.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

It's called spamming.

#3 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

From a lead info point of view, it's the same either way for me because I end up with the info I need to serve the couple.

It may be the same either way for you, but it's not the same either way for your customer. Who does a site visitor to dallasweddingofficiants.com think they're dealing with? If it's dallasweddingofficiants.com then have the form on that site, submitting to that site with all responses from that site. If, when it comes to actually dealing with someone rather than reading some unique content, that someone is centralweddingofficiants.com then put the form on that site. Or you could test both options to see which gave the higher conversion rate.

You don't have a duplicate content issue. However, I would question the wiseness of using multiple domains for this. Fair enough if you have other reasons for using multiple domains, but if it's just for the SEO benefit then you might want to re-think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!