• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Let's Play A Game...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 NOTafilmmaker

NOTafilmmaker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

Let's say one day when you were twelve you played in toxic waste without knowing.  Of course this never happened because all of this is hypothetical but stick with me, here.   Say one day you were twenty-five you Google'd the name of scrap yard you played in when you were a child only to learn that it was a government toxic waste dump filled with live bombs while you remember that you have been sick with an unexplained illness since you were 19.  

Let's surmise that a decade later you became a filmmaker who developed and pitched three tv shows in Hollywood, made several documentaries, and then decided that you were going to go back to your home town to expose that toxic waste dump and tell your story.

Let's hypothesize that you encountered bitter opposition to your work with opponents filling blog with lies, and content meant to fill Google with bogus results which leaves the neighborhood you are fighting for poisoned with toxic waste.  

I mean, all of the above is crazy.  It could never happen.  Based on the above facts and your consideration for your abusers what tactics would you NOT use because they could get your attackers site black listed from Google.  You would never want these poor people to get shut off but all you know is ice cold Black Hat.

Be sure to explain in great detail the exact series of steps you, as a proper White Hat honoring professional, would never take lest you be accused of being untoward, and "internet rude."

Again, I am NOT a film maker, none of the above happened, and I am not fighting for the lives of thousands of cancer victims.  You'd have to be crazy to thing all of this was real, right?  Since it's not, please feel free to educate me on how to more of a nice guy on the interwebs.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

May I suggest that you take a deep breath or two, go watch Erin Brockovich a couple of times THEN, .....

.... Come back and ask the question WITHOUT the unnecessary waffle, hypothesis and surmising, and worded so that we will all know what the hell you are talking about!

Edited by chrishirst, 11 July 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Let me see if I've understood this right:

1. You suspect you have been poisoned by toxic waste.

2. You want to make a film to expose the above fact.

3. People oppose the film. (Who? Why?)

4. These people are actively posting stuff on-line to discredit your proposed film.

5. You are asking us what tactics you should NOT use to fight these people.

No doubt you have the germ of a good discussion here, but it's not at all clear to me what you are asking, or what point you are trying to make.

And what's it got to do with SEO or marketing or high rankings? Assuming your scenario takes place in a country that allows freedom of speech, it would be up to you to get your point across using whatever means of expession is available to you.

I might have totally misunderstood your question. If so, perhaps you should follow Chris's suggestion of re-phrasing it without the waffle.

By the way, I completely agree with Chris's idea that you should see Erin Brockovich. It's a fine film, and is based on fact, I believe. But I don't know if it will answer your question.

Mike

#4 NOTafilmmaker

NOTafilmmaker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Well, if you'd not like "waffling."  How about I just state some facts:

1. I am a national working film maker.  Printing my name here would mean that this post would end up in my Google results because my name is in it, right?

2. I work with 2013 Prime Time Emmy winners, and 2014 Grammy Nominees, and of course if I mentioned I made three television shows that would suggest that I am a bit beyond the place of sitting down and watching Erin Brockovich.  Also, Erin won't touch the stuff I am doing because I expose DOD managed sites.  She's great and all but she'll never be me. 

3.  I was being sarcastic since I am a former Adult Swim content creator.  I am specifically looking for Black Hat techniques to get the website that is harassing me black listed. 

4.  In terms of honorability of my question I live with a Google programmer, and Googler pay for my work, meaning I am an SEO master and know things about the Algo that I probably shouldn't.  They approve of the idea but, of course, cannot divulge info about the subject because it would be a violation of their contract for employment.

5.  In general, when someone starts talking about toxic waste telling them to "calm down" would be you drinking the government Kool-aid which asks that you think anyone who talks bout toxic waste and The DOD is having some kind of mental issue.  There are 1,300 of these sites in The US, meaning that statistically every human being in the country is within ten miles of a toxic waste dump.  

6.  Since I do social reform and am trying to help the country and spend every dollar I have on fighting for toxic waste victims I cannot afford $5000 a month for Brand.com, of which their CEO is the one who gave me the idea to begin with.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

You know, with YouTube waiting for "the next big thing" it's not like you can't make a quick video, edit it the way you want, and then upload it all without having to respond to the toxic bloggers.

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

In regards to your point #3, if -- as you say -- you're specifically looking for black hat techniques,  (1) it seems as though you already have those in hand (refer to your point #4) and (2) boy, are you in the wrong place. We've been pretty clear from Day 1 on this forum that we don't "do" black hat here.

For that matter, if you're an "SEO Master" and such good buds with Googlers and have access to their insider info, why are you asking us for advice? Seriously. No s00p3r s3kr1t SEO Ninja techniques to be had here, sorry.

Look, use whatever tactics you want. It's your website, your online reputation, your story. Do whatever you think you need to do to protect and promote it. Just make sure you consider the consequences before you jump in with both feet. We're happy to try to help site owners who haven gotten hurt by no fault of their own. But you won't find much sympathy here if you blow yourself up while trying to launch your virtual nuclear strike.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#7 NOTafilmmaker

NOTafilmmaker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

You are now bullying me disallowing my post and misrepresenting me with your response.  I am an SEO master and I can own your entire world in less than two weeks.  Make your choices to misrepresent me and I than I can make a choice to misrepresent you, but internationally. 

As matter of fact, how hard would be for me to report your SEO site to The Algo team?  http://imgur.com/rBQUd3Q

By the way moderatpr from North Carolina here is a link of NPL toxic waste dumps in your neighborhood that are exposing you, and everyone you know, to environmental toxins.  

1. SEO is never honorable, and no matter how you gloss it over Google does not like you.  Also, a discussion about Black Hat would be a primer in what not to do to get your site blacklisted. 

2. In terms of social consciousness, and awareness of your responsibility to contribute and care about society you have no soul, or courage, to stand up for anything.

3.  SEO, the people you call journalists, are destroying real journalism.   You are a snake in the grass dressed up like a chipmunk.

4.  Criticize me all you want, but the bottom line here is I am fighting for you, the health of your family, and everyone you know, and have many valuable contributions to make to SEO efforts, and inside information.  Have you no vision?

http://www.epa.gov/r...s/sites.html#NC

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

"You are now bullying me disallowing my post and misrepresenting me with your response."

I assure you that was unintentional. Our forum is kind of messed up and it's not obvious which posts need moderator approval, which is why Torka didn't notice it. I've approved them all now, but merged them into one.

And please go right ahead and report this site to Matt! I assure you that Matt is familiar with this forum as well as the rest of this site. Of course, because you're good friends with him, you surely know that he's taken a 3 month hiatus from Google at the moment, however. So you may have to wait on that.

As matter of fact, how hard would be for me to report your SEO site to The Algo team?

1. SEO is never honorable, and no matter how you gloss it over Google does not like you.

If you take a few moments to read my blog posts about SEO, you will see that it can indeed be honorable. And in fact, honorable SEO has gotten so good (now that Google actually cares) that my voice regarding it was no longer needed in the industry, which is why I retired back in October.

Also, a discussion about Black Hat would be a primer in what not to do to get your site blacklisted.

Google already has written that. I've also written about 18 SEO Killers awhile back that is still spot on.

In terms of social consciousness, and awareness of your responsibility to contribute and care about society you have no soul, or courage, to stand up for anything.

Not really sure how that can be gleaned from a few posts on an SEO forum. That's kinda rough, don't you think?

SEO, the people you call journalists, are destroying real journalism.   You are a snake in the grass dressed up like a chipmunk.

Who called anyone a journalist? BTW, there's really no such thing as journalism anymore now that anyone can call themselves one.

Criticize me all you want, but the bottom line here is I am fighting for you, the health of your family, and everyone you know, and have many valuable contributions to make to SEO efforts, and inside information.

Who criticized you?  

It appears that you have a chip on your shoulder for some reason. If you care to ask an actual SEO question, feel free. If not, you can surely find a better place to promote your cause than a website marketing forum.

#9 NOTafilmmaker

NOTafilmmaker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

I'll explain this quite simply:

1.  I am Matt.  That is my Google badge.  I am not on vacation.  

2.  When you respond to someone and put things in quotes as if they are being dishonest that is criticizing someone.

3.  I live with a Googler.  Google hates you.  They have to constantly have to readjust their algorithm to beat your cheat tactics

4.  Every major reputation management program involves "journalists."  

5.  One must meet a specific set of criteria to call themselves a journalists.  

6. I'll be more than happy to submit your sites, and for black listing. Maybe I can't get the defamation removed, but Google does actively seek out SEO firms and removes them from their rankings, and their affiliate sites.  

7. As far as the chip on my shoulder it's spending every penny I have to fight for your own health only to have you [img]http://www.highrankings.com/forum/style_images/poo.gif[/img] on me and treat me like I am doing something wrong by trying to protect you as you and your industry are very scourge of the real truth.  

8.  I am not promoting a cause.  You suggest this because it relieves you of any guilt for being a part of the machine that leaves millions of people with cancer, people who stand there and do nothing.  

#10 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

And with that, it's obvious that this is not a request for SEO help, so the thread is closed. Feel free to post an actual website marketing question in a new thread, if you have one.

#11 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

I've changed my mind on the relaxation technique ....

Therefore may I suggest a book instead?

This is the one that springs to mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!