• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

- - - - -

Help A Brother Out! Seo On Old Domain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DBL07

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

I need your advise on something. I own REMOVED focusing on website design. I just inherited a domain ALSO REMOVED as the owner is getting out of web design, so he is giving me everything. I'm struggling to figure out what to do with the domain. Please give me your advise on what I should do to get the most link juice.

It's 12years old with 28k links according to aherf and previous owner is giving me everything, old clients and web domain. 

So the question is should I: 

b change everything onpage at ALSO REMOVED that say REMOVED to ALSO REMOVED and build fresher site there that points to my site

c. do a 301 from REMOVED to ALSO REMOVED and build new site there

D. none of the above, I should ___________________________

Edited by chrishirst, 08 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#2 chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,660 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

What would be the point of redirecting a [relatively] new set of URLs to an already well established website??

If you want to keep the visitors and any 'value' that the existing site may have you need to redirect to equivalent (content wise) URLs on your 'new' website.

Failing that just re-brand the 'look and feel' of the established site and when that is completed, you can then redirect from 'new' to 'old'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!