• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ranking A Companys Name - **competition Is Merriam-Webster, Wiktionary

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NathanSEO

NathanSEO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Hey guys,

So I'm launching a company called _____and I bought the domain name ____.co

Issue is, when I search "____" in Google; wiktionary, merriam-webster, etc all come up on the first page...

With DA of 80+ and PA of 40+ for each of these, will google ever recognize my companies site? Or is it a lost cause?

Edited by Jill, 25 June 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,319 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

will google ever recognize my companies site?

Nobody will know until you launch and do some real promotion.

BUT chasing rankings for ONE word is NOT the idea of SEO and should ABSOLUTELY NOT be your marketing goal.

But yes your home page WILL be on the first page of results within DAYS of the site getting crawled. But don't get smug about it, because it will only last a few days, and then you'll be nowhere again.

First off; Read these articles, and before you start, do not expect great things because of the domain name, it's good that you have a name that IS your business name and it will help with your branding BUT NOT with 'rankings'.

#3 NathanSEO

NathanSEO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Sorry I believe I misrenr

Nobody will know until you launch and do some real promotion.

BUT chasing rankings for ONE word is NOT the idea of SEO and should ABSOLUTELY NOT be your marketing goal.

But yes your home page WILL be on the first page of results within DAYS of the site getting crawled. But don't get smug about it, because it will only last a few days, and then you'll be nowhere again.

First off; Read these articles, and before you start, do not expect great things because of the domain name, it's good that you have a name that IS your business name and it will help with your branding BUT NOT with 'rankings'.

I believe i misrepresented my question. 

This is not an SEO strategy, but simply for individuals who google my company name. If they google my company name and they do not see it on google... it causes problems.

I've ranked many sites before, but never ranked sites against definition sites

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,319 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

In that case, you need to do a good job on the branding and promotion of the business, and in all honesty how exactly would be a collection of "definition" pages be the competition??

It's a bit difficult to see how anyone could be 'wrong-footed' choosing between this;

vagility - definition and meaning 

and this;

Vagility - we sell something

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

You just need to focus on creating a site that people want to come to and then publicizing its brand value to them.  They'll search for it.  As for earning your way to the top of the keyword query, that takes time if you want to stay there.  I wouldn't focus on that for now.

#6 NathanSEO

NathanSEO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

In that case, you need to do a good job on the branding and promotion of the business, and in all honesty how exactly would be a collection of "definition" pages be the competition??

It's a bit difficult to see how anyone could be 'wrong-footed' choosing between this;

vagility - definition and meaning 

and this;

Vagility - we sell something

Valid point about this on 2nd page.  

Its not competition, but nobody types in exact matching domains when they go to a site nowadays. They simple google it, then click on the home site. 

I just want to make sure my homepage would come up. 

Thanks

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,319 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

but nobody types in exact matching domains when they go to a site nowadays.

Of course they do. Do you search for Amazon or eBay at Google before you go there??

BRANDING and good promotion is what gets people to know about your site and what it provides, NOT SEO.

I just want to make sure my homepage would come up. 

YOU, don't get to choose what 'page' is shown to searchers for the queries, Google does.

It might be your 'home' page but it could equally be ANY URL on your collection of URLs that you call a 'site'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!