• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Fb: Possible To See Users Edgerank ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hello Hello,

I am digging a bit more into Facebook. 

- Is it possible to find out my friend's Edgerank ?

Thank you !

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

I don't think that people have EdgeRank, but content does. At least according to this.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,938 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

It's amazing how hard some people seem to be willing  work just to waffle on about something so pointless???

Are they REALLY so bored???

Edited by chrishirst, 13 June 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#4 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hmmm... ok.. so content... ok... but any way to measure it? Any tool or plugin that shows you the edgerank?

@chris:
Hmmm.. what u mean? Sorry couldn't follow you.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hmmm.. what u mean? Sorry couldn't follow you

Well in the "grand scheme of things" it's meaningless ephemeral nonsense that panders to the silly idea that somehow you can define a subjective view of "value" and distil it down to an algorithm.

It's on the same level as TrustRank, MoZRank and all the other "ranks" that people toss around and YES that includes "PageRank".

It is just one more pointless objective to be reached that distracts people from what REALLY matters.

Albert Einstein:

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

#6 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

@chris:

ohh. that's what you meant.. I see..  well.. yeah.. kind a true..  in your opinion... what REALLY matters then ? 

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

Getting your content in front of real people who are interested in what you offer.

These 'formula' for determining how you do that are contrary to REAL human behaviour,  just because the "formula" comes up with a 'high' value doesn't mean that the people will follow that 'trend'.

It is probability analysis stretched to the extreme and presented as definitive.

• Jill likes this

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

If you read the link I previously posted, they have some sort of tool for measuring EdgeRank. 

#9 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

To what end?

It's not the fact that they can calculate it, it's the  point that they even DO that is spectacularly useless.

The "number" means nothing, the answer might as well be "A suffusion of yellow" for all the difference it actually makes.

I could measure and publish the probability of someone  running over a Meerkat whilst driving through Albuquerque on a Tuesday afternoon, but it doesn't mean the formula has any merit or should be given any credence.

These "experts" are just taking advantage of the gullible nature of people when confronted with a pseudo "scientific" hypothesis.

#10 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

@Jill:

yes.. that was my first choice.. however, that tool allows to measure your own edgerank.. for your own page... I only checkd the free version.. but my interest would be in measuring otehrs...

@chris:

well.. I agree it is a just a number.. however, that number also indicates how engaged a friend or user is with your page, or brand. If I can see the engagement of my followers... I could see how is more interested in my posts.. and who is less.. who ever is less interested.. I could change my strategy and try to engage them more...

why ? to rank higher with my posts ..

#11 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,938 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

but it doesn't tell you ANYTHING DEFINITIVE, like ALL probability analysis it is a suggestion of what MIGHT be the likelihood of that prediction happening. The operative word being prediction

It's a bit like planning your entire day based on what your horoscope in the morning paper or on the "Breakfast show" says is going to happen.

Now, are you really going base your marketing efforts on "what the stars say"?????

Libra: Later today Venus is rising and the Sun is shining out of Uranus so it's a good time to post at Facebook.

Have you ever seen a prediction of human behaviour be accurate??

You could predict how the 'posting bots' might behave, but there's little point in pushing content at them.

#12 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hmm.. yeah... I get your point Chris.. thx for the input, always good to hear your opinion !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!