• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Newbie Desperately In Need Of Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieHuang

StephanieHuang

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Hi HR users,

My name is Stephanie, I'm doing Online-Marketing in my company, right now I'm having tremendous difficulties in doing my job well because:

1. My company is aiming for international market instead of national, which demands professional knowledge and excellent English. I'm not a native English speaker so my language may read awkward or unclear, I'm not sure if that would be of serious problem, would anyone who sees my post be kind enough to tell me whether it's unnecessary worry or not(based on the language use of this post)?

2. Speaking of professional knowledge, I'm not a professional in the core business of my company(anyone who might be interested can check out my google+ link I put in my profile), actually I'm far from professional, but both my boss and I do not reckon it to be a crucial disadvantage for me, besides I'm continuingly working on increasing my knowledge, and still, it is impairing my capability to promote our products anyways;

3. My company recently developed a new product, a simple one as the first of our upcoming series, and I was assigned the task of promoting it in various forums I can think of or posting threads about its application in a concrete scenario, I agree it could be the easiest or most straightforward way, and I've been doing it for some time now, but the result is far from satisfactory. I've realized it could be my lack of professional knowledge, my decision to post threads everywhere available so that I got banned quite a few times, and all problems that could be facing a newbie on SEO, that's why I'm here asking for help. In a general sense, I'm aware of the RIGHT ways to do SEO (I've read some posts written by experienced SEOers), but in my case, concrete guidance is urgently needed, or I would still be at lost on what to accomplish;

4. As to the particular product I'm trying to promote, I would APPRECIATE it if anyone can guide me a little on what to accomplish, things are hardest at the beginning, but I'm always willing to LEARN. Now I wouldn't and shouldn't post any links of the website I'm working to promote/advertise, but anyone who would be kind enough to offer me help can search for mailimate (with 2 "i"s) and click on the first link google offers. It is a free disposable email service, which can also be found out in my Google+ share;

5. I will constantly check on this post to follow up any further replies or comments, so if you see this and have ANYTIHNG you want to say, PLEASE leave your words here, I would really appreciate your responding.

PS: It took me FOREVER to write this post, alas, thumbs down for me. 
And please forgive me for any typos or misuse of language I didn't recognize, your corrections are welcomed. 

Thank you for your time.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

Read this forum where I have moved your thread to for a start.

• StephanieHuang likes this

#3 StephanieHuang

StephanieHuang

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:09 AM

Read this forum where I have moved your thread to for a start.

Thank you.

#4 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

1. Your English is pretty good but far from perfect. It's not good enough for the "impersonal" parts of a site that describe core products/services/about us/checkout etc., but more than good enough for a chatty, blog-style approach.

2. You don't need to be a professional in the core business of your company in order to market that business.

3. Promoting in forums is unlikely to get you many friends, and may make a few enemies. There are other, better ways to build links and interest (e.g. social media).

4. To learn about SEO, as well as reading around this site try reading the Google starter guide:

http://www.google.co...arter-guide.pdf

#5 StephanieHuang

StephanieHuang

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

1. Your English is pretty good but far from perfect. It's not good enough for the "impersonal" parts of a site that describe core products/services/about us/checkout etc., but more than good enough for a chatty, blog-style approach.

2. You don't need to be a professional in the core business of your company in order to market that business.

3. Promoting in forums is unlikely to get you many friends, and may make a few enemies. There are other, better ways to build links and interest (e.g. social media).

4. To learn about SEO, as well as reading around this site try reading the Google starter guide:

http://www.google.co...arter-guide.pdf

Thank you! 

I'll read the guide you gave me and see what comes to mind.

Social Media seems a good idea, I'll see what I can do.  :hug:

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

Be a beacon of knowledge about your company and its products. Be the best friend its customers ever had.

Specific quick tips:
  • Find their questions on other Websites and answer them on your company's site
  • Find their frustrations on other Websites and help resolve them on your company's site
  • Provide information that other people who don't yet know about your company will find useful
  • Do not think about reaching out to people; think about drawing people in, attracting attention
How do you discover products and services that you as a consumer take an interest in. Create content on your company's site that will be found in a similar way.

Practice and expect to make mistakes.

Be patient, be consistent, and be productive. The easiest way to fail in online marketing is to do too little.

You are not a salesperson. You are a customer advocate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!