• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Achieve That ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Hello,

many times and more often I see websites that show up in the SERPS a bit different.

For instance.. you see below the main page... sub-categories, or special sections of their sites.
I really like that and was wondering how you can achieve that ?

I mean.. for instance.. look at the Macy's snapshot from google.com

You can see clearly the fields below like: Men, Women, etc.
http://www.mediafire...doo7v76ynfg.jpg

Soo... the question is:
How can you achieve that with your own website ?

Edited by reseo, 01 June 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Like ALL things search engine related YOU can't.

Site links happen when you pay ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION to search engines at all when building the site and promoting the URLs, NOT just the 'site'

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Oh and;

While ever you retain this anally retentive approach It will NEVER, EVER happen.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Once a website is well established and becomes popular, Google will automatically add those site links to the listing. 

#5 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

@chris:

haha.. the anal aproach.. you made my day...  well you know.. in some cases in reality I've seen it working many times...  brown necks everywhere.. lol;

but I get your point of course...  I see what you mean... so there is no technical way to influence that... 

main reason I was asking about that:

for instance, let's take the rich snippets.. and the google author avatar... this is a feature you can at least try to setup.. for sure,  it's not guaranteed that google will show your rich snippet in the serps, but at least, from a technical perspective, you can set it up and prepare....

and so I thought.. you might be able to something similar for the example mentioned above...

I also read that some people found a way to get into the knowledge graph...  there might be some techniques that could trigger or at least influence it....

and yes, that's kind of interesting too ... 

because I think, the google author rich snippet and as well the knowledge graph.. being visible there.. well,  it simple can not hurt if you pop up there ....

@jill:

thanks jill... like always.. appreciate every little comment  :flower: thank you

Edited by reseo, 02 June 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#6 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

You can't directly influence whether or not you get sitelinks, and when you do, they'll usually just show up for branded searches, but you do have some influence over which of your pages will show up as sitelinks. It has a lot to do with your information architecture. If your internal linking indicates that a page is important, that tends to help. Also, once you have sitelinks, you have the option in Webmaster Tools to at least indicate that you don't want specific pages to show up that way, although you can't suggest which pages should.

Regarding the Knowledge Graph, the strongest influence to getting in there seems to be having a page about the entity on Wikipedia. You'll usually find that the snippet that shows up in a KG box within a SERP is coming from there. Getting a page about yourself, your company, your product, etc into Wikipedia if you don't already have one can be very difficult, however. If you just publish a page out of nowhere, it's likely to be deleted quickly. You have to demonstrate that there's a legitimate reason (based on Wikipedia's own standards) for such a page to exist. And frankly, that makes sense. Wikipedia doesn't exist for us to market our businesses.

Another source of information for the KG is Freebase, an open source database that Google owns. I've made some efforts there to get the division of the company I work for to show up as an entity that's separate from our parent company, but I haven't had any success yet. The Knowledge Graph continues to treat my division's site as representing the other division, and the other division's site isn't recognized by the KG as representing anything.

#7 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Sitelinks can change over time, too.  It's probably better to not think in terms of how to get sitelinks and more in terms of how to show people which content on your site is the most important.

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

They also change depending on the query. My Meta Description article mentions this aspect and how to get better ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!