• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Homepage No Longer Showing In Results

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jkovich

jkovich

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

I'm not sure exactly when it started (probably around the end of 2013); but our homepage no longer shpws up in most of the searches that I make on Google.  However, random blog pages from our site REMOVED do appear in the results.  It seems crazy because all of the optimization and most of the linking has been done for our homepage and it does show up if i search for it directly.   Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Edited by chrishirst, 16 May 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,833 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Who ever said that your 'homepage' is the only one that should appear in results???

However, random blog pages from our site REMOVED do appear in the results.  It seems crazy because all of the optimization and most of the linking has been done for our homepage and it does show up if i search for it directly.

That's not Google's problem, it's yours, and you using the phrase "most of the linking has been done for our homepage" explains precisely why

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Yes! It's because you do not understand that you  are the only person that thinks your 'home' page is somehow "important" or "special" ... It isn't.

EVERY document URL ('page') on your website is a 'landing' page that search engines WILL show in their results no matter what URL  you think should be shown instead.

No real website should

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,926 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

It seems crazy because all of the optimization and most of the linking has been done for our homepage and it does show up if i search for it directly.  

Good chance that you overdid it and have been "Pandalized." 

#4 jon-d

jon-d

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

Good chance that you overdid it and have been "Pandalized." 

My money is on Penguinised ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users