• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Done Everything Right According To Yoast But Site Is Still On Page 10

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 deb

deb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

I have a client that supplies bulk salt by the tonnage/truck load. So I figured it would be easy to get to the top of Google for the keyword "buy bulk salt" and "bulk salt". However it seems I am only being put furth back in the search. I started on page 6 then 7  and now 10 for "bulk salt". For "buy bulk salt" I am on page 3. I use wordpress and the yoast plugin so I figured this would help.

Here is my snippet view:

Buy Bulk Salt At Wholesale Prices - Surplus Salt

Buy bulk salt at wholesale prices and save. Our bulk salt is of the highest quality and at competitive prices. Order bulk salt by the ton today and save.

Here is the content on the site:

the site is REMOVED

Thanks in advance.

Your copy reads fine, Yoast works very well for helping you remember all the various pieces to the puzzle, people who don't run businesses think it is all about SEO and forget that it is all about the customer. This is your business, so I would do the following:

1. look at each page and pretend you are your customer, how does it read to that customer, does it function well, is it marketing your product(s) well to your customer.  If you ask some of your customer's for an honest assessment perhaps you will find the key to making it a better site.

2. Your product is limited, with my products there are many ways of expressing the same thing, think about your product and see if there are other ways of expressing yourself.  If you have someone you can talk to about the writing, I would consult them for ideas.

3. once you are confident that you have done the best you can with the work that you have,  Open up a Google + account.  Post on it 2-3 times per week with news of how your business is doing, projects that you are working on etc.

do the same with a word press blog and have those posts relayed to Twitter and Facebook.

Forget about SEO except for the things that Yoast guides you through and buff up your copy with help.  Then after you have done all of that contact Google Webmaster and resubmit your site.  If you can talk to someone about your business even better.  We are not all cut out of the same cloth and we are no little teenyboppers trying to trick the robots but robots are limited in their thinking.  Give Google feedback and let them know that they are not allowing for the variance in different types of businesses.  But ultimately build a good user experience.  If you can develop your own path to your door for local customers you may not need Google.  There are many businesses who don't try to fit SEO guidelines but instead work on fitting their customer needs and wait for Google to clue in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!