• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

How This Website Make Money Online

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hanoiguide

hanoiguide

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

Hi there!

These days, i was searching for wordpress premium themes, I have found out a site that sharing most of premium themes and I am wondering how it makes money online. Which way of making money online that site is using. That site is buzztheme (dot) net. Thank you!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,033 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

Is it not completely obvious, given that the site where you actually buy the "theme" from displayed with EVERY theme they list?

#3 hanoiguide

hanoiguide

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

Hi Chrishirst! I am sorry for my bad english. I don't know exactly what you mean?

#4 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

They presumably make their money from advertising - although it might not be obvious. But just clicking on one of the themes generated two pop-under ads: one for an airport car service, and one that I didn't bother to glance at.

Whether that's an effective way of making money is another matter. Personally, I rarely look at pop-up or pop-under ads, but presumably there are enough people who respond to them to generate an income for the host sites.

Mike

• hanoiguide likes this

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

And they may have an affiliate arrangement to market at least some of those themes. That means the site that actually sells the theme rebates a portion of the theme's purchase price to the listing site for every buyer the listing site refers to the selling site.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,033 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hi Chrishirst! I am sorry for my bad english. I don't know exactly what you mean?

Based on your forum user name, .... They do the same as you probably are, only with CMS themes instead of hotel bookings.

#7 hanoiguide

hanoiguide

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thank for your help! I am still wondering about a problem. Is that illegal when sharing the wordpress premium themes for example meanwhile themeforest (dot)net is selling those themes? Theme Designer might sue buzztheme.net or not? It the answer is yes, why buzztheme (dot) net is still exist?

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Would it be 'legal' for you to advertise and sell  hotel rooms in Hanoi that you do not own?

#9 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

If they have an affiliate agreement, not only is it legal, it's the only way for such an agreement to work.

Buzztheme advertises the themes to bring in traffic. Buzztheme then sends those customers to ThemeForest, where the customers complete the purchase. ThemeForest probably has similar agreements with dozens, perhaps hundreds, of other theme directories. Each directory sends customers to ThemeForest. ThemeForest then rebates a small portion of each sale back to the theme directory that sent that customer to ThemeForest in the first place.

ThemeForest makes more sales as a result of these theme directories sending customers to them. Buzztheme (and all the other similar directories) make money without having to process credit card sales or host theme files for download themselves. Both gain. Why would either of them be upset or angry over this?

This is a very common arrangement on the web.

--Torka :oldfogey:

• hanoiguide likes this

#10 hanoiguide

hanoiguide

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

@Vintage Babe: Thank you a lot! A very clear explanation. Actually i known affiliate agreement but I was wondering about that because buzztheme.net let user to download themes on its server. :) Thank you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!