• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Webmaster Tools Not Finding Keyword: Website

Best Answer Jill , 06 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

and wasn't sure it was something I could just ignore

You can.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BobI

BobI

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

The keyword "website" appears 12 times on my site REMOVED however Google Webmaster Tools doesn't list that keyword at all in Google Index/Content Keywords. Using other keyword analysis tools offers mixed results, some find them and others do not. Is there something about the word website, and is there a better method to measure the accuracy of results?

Many thanks!

Edited by chrishirst, 06 May 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,771 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Accuracy of what results?

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,911 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Go to  google, type in site:your site.com +"keyword" and you'll see all the pages that are using the keyword in question. If you want to see how many times it appears on each page, use a highlighting tool. 

#4 BobI

BobI

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Jill, the command you provided indeed displayed the pages using the keyword "website". I wasn't sure whether Google not displaying that keyword in the Content Keywords list was significant, I'm not understanding why it isn't showing up, and wasn't sure it was something I could just ignore. 

Chris, poor wording on my part, intent was to question which tools' results do you trust when results are inconsistent. From what I'm discovering, Google's Content Keyword list isn't accurate in my case since it doesn't report on the keyword "website" at all.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,911 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:21 PM   Best Answer

and wasn't sure it was something I could just ignore

You can.

#6 MarkWarner

MarkWarner

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Google's Webmaster Tools have never been very accurate so I wouldn't worry too much about what you are asking.

With regards to better tools that are more reliable, there are tons of site auditors that can help you with checking the content but I don't think it's too important unless you just need to scan a new client's website to make sure nothing was keyword stuffed.

Since most of the incoming Google keywords are now "not provided", Webmaster Tools is actually the best place to find incoming organic keyword data now.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,771 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

Chris, poor wording on my part, intent was to question which tools' results do you trust when results are inconsistent. From what I'm discovering, Google's Content Keyword list isn't accurate in my case since it doesn't report on the keyword "website" at all.

Aah, okay. As in the post above, Google webmaster tools isn't an 'absolute', it's more of a "things you may not have noticed" information tool, and you certainly should not give any credence to the "Relevance" score for the "Content keywords" list,  as it is a "words you use a lot" score not a "words we think might be 'important' to you" score.

It is also somewhat misleading for anyone relatively new to Search (say five years or less) because a 'site' doesn't have 'key' words, individual URIs have key words that you are associating with the document located at that URL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!