• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Finding High Ranking Website/blogs And News Feeds To Link From?

Best Answer torka , 29 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

You're asking the wrong question. YOU don't post links on high-value sites. By definition, any link you can post yourself is not a high-value link, at least not in Google's eyes.

First thing you have to do is make sure your own site is worthy of getting links from a high quality page elsewhere. Nobody likes to admit they have an ugly baby, so you can't rely only on your own opinion. Seek outside feedback... and not just from your friends/family. They're going to tell you what they think you want to hear. You need honesty, not kindness.

Once your own site is up to snuff, find sites that are already visited by your target audience. Get to know the webmasters of those sites. There are tons of ways you can entice them to link to you once you get to know them and their sites. Maybe they don't take guest posts from the general public, but they might take one from you if they know you produce high quality content on a relevant subject that their readers would find interesting. Or if you link from one of your product pages to a related product on their site, they might be inclined to link back. Or maybe you write a post on your blog addressing some issue they raised in a post on their blog. You link from your post back to their original post. Maybe they'll answer your post with another on their site, linking to your article. Or maybe once they become aware of your site and its inherent awesomeness, they'll simply link to you out of the blue sky because you offer a valuable resource for their site's visitors.

The bottom line is that you have to make sure your own site deserves links from other high quality sites, then do the legwork to earn those links.

If this sounds like more work than simply downloading a list of "dofollow" blogs and posting a bunch of spammy "your blog is so great, I'm so glad I visited here" comments, or plastering the web with 300-word generic "guest posts", or setting loose a bot to auto-fill a ton of directory sign up forms... well, that's because it is. It's a LOT more work.

The difference is, this approach actually has the potential to work in your favor over the long haul.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 influence

influence

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

Hi

Ok so had to start a new posy because the other one for some reason will not let me reply to.

As correctly pointed out there is no such thing as do follow or don't follow, so how do I find high ranking website, blog post and or any others that would be beneficial to get a link from.

What Im asking I guess is how would I go about finding website to post a link on that will give me the maximum benefit from.  I.e music, singer, recording artist ext.

so I have picked my keywords and now want to get some links back to the website from relevant sites in the same field

I hope you understand what I am asking as I have dyslexia so sometimes I don't put thing across in the best way.

Thanks again   

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

The 'other thread' is looked because the question has been asked and answered many times.

Your problem is that you are looking at getting the WRONG things from links.

http://webmaster-tal...-secret-life-of (more self promo from Chris there :))

Looking for 'places' to 'build links from is just plain and simple spam, and search engines don't like that kind of thing, so you will get absolutely nothing from it.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

See our tips for newbies.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:48 AM   Best Answer

You're asking the wrong question. YOU don't post links on high-value sites. By definition, any link you can post yourself is not a high-value link, at least not in Google's eyes.

First thing you have to do is make sure your own site is worthy of getting links from a high quality page elsewhere. Nobody likes to admit they have an ugly baby, so you can't rely only on your own opinion. Seek outside feedback... and not just from your friends/family. They're going to tell you what they think you want to hear. You need honesty, not kindness.

Once your own site is up to snuff, find sites that are already visited by your target audience. Get to know the webmasters of those sites. There are tons of ways you can entice them to link to you once you get to know them and their sites. Maybe they don't take guest posts from the general public, but they might take one from you if they know you produce high quality content on a relevant subject that their readers would find interesting. Or if you link from one of your product pages to a related product on their site, they might be inclined to link back. Or maybe you write a post on your blog addressing some issue they raised in a post on their blog. You link from your post back to their original post. Maybe they'll answer your post with another on their site, linking to your article. Or maybe once they become aware of your site and its inherent awesomeness, they'll simply link to you out of the blue sky because you offer a valuable resource for their site's visitors.

The bottom line is that you have to make sure your own site deserves links from other high quality sites, then do the legwork to earn those links.

If this sounds like more work than simply downloading a list of "dofollow" blogs and posting a bunch of spammy "your blog is so great, I'm so glad I visited here" comments, or plastering the web with 300-word generic "guest posts", or setting loose a bot to auto-fill a ton of directory sign up forms... well, that's because it is. It's a LOT more work.

The difference is, this approach actually has the potential to work in your favor over the long haul.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• Jill likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!