• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dmca Removal From Google Search

Best Answer torka , 21 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

So, in other words, your entire website is full of videos that belong to other people... to which they likely own the copyright, and which you basically stole from other sites and posted on your own. Some of these video owners discovered what you were up to and complained, so Google took action... and now you want to know if there's a way to continue with your current business model and still stay in Google's good graces?

Here are your answers. Warning -- you may not like them:

1. Yes. Google does not like copyright infringers. If you get too many complaints, they will deem you a "repeat offender" and your entire site may be penalized or dropped from the index entirely, even those pages that do not contain infringing materials (if any such pages do, in fact, actually exist).

2. Not unless you stop stealing other people's intellectual property.

3. The only way to salvage your current site long-term is to start getting permission before you post other people's videos. This means you have to find out who holds they copyright, contact them and get their permission -- preferably in writing -- to host their content on your site. Then be sure to post a notice on each page, identifying the copyright holder and noting that the content is posted with their permission. If that sounds like a lot of work, it is. Sometimes staying on the right side of the law takes a lot of work.

Your other alternative is to find a new business model that doesn't involve stealing other people's creative work.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manoj

manoj

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Hello,

Google has been notified to me, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of your materials allegedly infringe upon the copyrights of others. The URLs of the allegedly infringing materials may be found. The notice that I received and i lost some URL's,

1.It is harmful to my site?

2.Is there any chances to get back my targeted keywords in Google?

3.My site was complete Video site which are taken from other sites and upload in my server this reason may effect to my site?

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,618 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:01 AM   Best Answer

So, in other words, your entire website is full of videos that belong to other people... to which they likely own the copyright, and which you basically stole from other sites and posted on your own. Some of these video owners discovered what you were up to and complained, so Google took action... and now you want to know if there's a way to continue with your current business model and still stay in Google's good graces?

Here are your answers. Warning -- you may not like them:

1. Yes. Google does not like copyright infringers. If you get too many complaints, they will deem you a "repeat offender" and your entire site may be penalized or dropped from the index entirely, even those pages that do not contain infringing materials (if any such pages do, in fact, actually exist).

2. Not unless you stop stealing other people's intellectual property.

3. The only way to salvage your current site long-term is to start getting permission before you post other people's videos. This means you have to find out who holds they copyright, contact them and get their permission -- preferably in writing -- to host their content on your site. Then be sure to post a notice on each page, identifying the copyright holder and noting that the content is posted with their permission. If that sounds like a lot of work, it is. Sometimes staying on the right side of the law takes a lot of work.

Your other alternative is to find a new business model that doesn't involve stealing other people's creative work.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• Jill and Mikl like this

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

Google has said they may weight the severity of penalties in part on the basis of how many DMCA notices they receive for a given Website. It is not a good idea to build a Website that uses other people's content without permission, especially if you want Google to send you traffic. They have been under growing pressure for several years to remove these kinds of Websites from their index.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!