• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Manual Webspam Error. Same Penalty On All Sites On Webmaster Tools Acc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ebuzznet

ebuzznet

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

Today when i checked webmaster tools under manual spam section. I got Manual spam and reason was Thin content with little or no added valueThen I checked other sites from same webmaster tools account, there are 11 sites, all of them received same manual action. I never received any mail, no notification on site messages section regarding this manual action. 
I just need confirmation whether it is something to do with any error in webmaster tools or all of the sites really received manual spam actions.
Most of the article on sites are above 500 words, quality content (no spun or copied).

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,348 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

What makes you think that having more than "500 words" is going to make an "article" not be considered "thin" content?

Any fool can waffle on to reach a pre-determined "word count" and say absolutely nothing useful at all, which is what 'thin' content really is. But a good writer or orator can create wonderful quality content in a couple of paragraphs.

Given the clues that you unwittingly provide, I would surmise that the content on all your sites has been written to an "S.E.O. formula" of 'X' number of words with a 'key' word 'density' of "Y" percent, by a writer who's grasp of the English language is somewhat less than 'good', which is a perfect recipe for failure.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,094 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Webmaster Tools doesn't make mistakes that way. You need to start over from scratch. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!