• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Nofollow Link Value

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nomadcapitalist

nomadcapitalist

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

I had thought this would be covered, but perhaps I'm searching in the wrong place. Everything I can see relates to nofollow links.

I'm curious about receiving traffic to a nofollow page on my site. For example, I recently held a live event and want to make resources from the event available to the audiences of my speakers. So I have a page that is nofollow, since I don't want it indexed, but speakers would like to link to. (I guess the fact that anyone could find my page through searching THEIR sites means I don't mind people finding it that much, but nevertheless...)

The question is, does a nofollow page that receives dofollow link receive value from sites from high domain authority? I realize the nofollow page wouldn't rank anyway, but would I recive other benefits to the domain in general?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,939 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

"nofollow" links have a secret life that apparently no-one knows about

high domain authority

There is no such thing ... at least nothing that you can find or calculate as a numeric value.

I realize the nofollow page wouldn't rank anyway

Way, way, way off the mark on that. A 'page' (URL) that has a "nofollow" value for the robots meta directive can and WILL 'rank', it simply indicates to SE bots that the links on the page should NOT be used for URL discovery and no 'value' from the URL will be passed on.

dofollow does not exist either.

since I don't want it indexed,

If you do not want it indexed you should block it in robots.txt or with a robots meta directive of NOINDEX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!