• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Page Rank Issues After Redirect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Philbeaux

Philbeaux

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

I just recently swapped my site over to a Wordpress format. That was about 5-6 months ago and my home page was a PR 4.
It dropped to a PR 2 immediately after and it has never recovered.
Now, I didn't redirect the main url, but because of the Wordpress installation, I did 301 redirect all the pages contained with-in (over 200 at the time). the majority of these pages had a PR between 1 and 3. Now that they have all been redirected, after all this time, they remain PR n/a. But the redirect works just fine.
Now I know PR is not an accurate metric to guage your site by. My only concern is I use to have a decent PR and now I don't after swapping to wordpress.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

Why do you care?

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,625 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Exactly. If you know it's not an accurate metric in the first place, why worry about it? Are any actual important measurements showing evidence of trouble? For instance, is your traffic down by a significant margin, post-migration versus pre-migration?

There are enough things to worry about when you're running a website. You don't need to create additional ones for yourself.

--Torka :oldfogey:

• Jill likes this

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I've lost track of when they last updated toolbar PR, but I know it's happening very rarely these days -- once or twice a year, I think. So what you saw in the toolbar for your old site before you moved was most likely way out of date, and what you're seeing in the toolbar of your new site probably just reflects the fact that what's displayed there just hasn't been updated since those pages started getting scored.

Basically, it doesn't mean much of anything, but you'll probably see something when they get around to updating it again (if they bother at all).

• Ron Carnell and Michael Martinez like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!