• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Facebook Question

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Google may just have the right idea, which could well mean that they may outlive Facebook.  By keeping personal and business operations separate, they avoid the trap that could make the personal aspect of Google Plus unusable because of the marketers abusing it.

Chris, Facebook has the same thing. You create business pages there just like Google+ (FB was first with this I'm quite sure). 

I've heard numerous online  marketers over the years swear that they get the biggest bang for their buck via Facebook, no question. If they could only keep one form of marketing, they generally say it would be Facebook. 

So take that for what you will. I'm sure it depends on the type and size of your business and how you use Facebook, but I know with 100% certainty that it makes many, many businesses some great money and brand loyalty.

#17 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Sure, facebook have business pages but you can create a  profile on FaceBook with a lastname/surname of "Support" or "Hosting" for example, whereas Google + will actively prevent a last name / surname of "Support" being used for a  profile name.  So your profile  cannot be [Company name] Support, similarly you cannot use 'Professional Titles', so you cannot be "Dr. Bob" or Rev. J. Jackson.

At FaceBook we have a profile name of Tinf Hosting (don't bother looking, It exists but there is nothing on it :) )

But Google + would not let "Tinf Hosting" be used at all, because it didn't meet the criteria for a personal name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.