• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

How To Measure Seo Revenue/roi?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ernest

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Dear Forum Members,
New here, and I have a question about SEO. I'm setting up a company in the Netherlands, exporting flowers to various European countries. To get visible on the internet, I want to invest in online marketing, in particular SEO. I have already talked to various Dutch and foreign online marketing companies. Although, one question keeps bothering me, how do you measure the ROI and revenue of SEO? How do online marketing companies (in your country) measure the success of a SEO campaign? (especially when all the keyword data in Google Analytics is not provided)
Yours faithfully,

#2 qwerty

HR 10

• 8,679 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

You can get keyword data from Webmaster Tools, but that won't give you ROI information. What you need to look at is the growth in traffic from organic search, and in particular, how much of that traffic leads to a conversion.

It gets more complicated if your sales cycle involves more than one visit, though -- if someone initially finds your site via search, but then doesn't make a purchase until a later visit, it's harder to attribute that conversion to SEO efforts. Similarly, if someone comes to the site via a branded search and converts on that visit, it doesn't necessarily mean that they first learned about you because of organic search.

#3 chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,611 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

Use individual unique tracking codes for every marketing campaign, and if a conversion has no tracking data it was 'organic'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!