• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Clicktracks Professional 4.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 Jamie

Jamie

HR 1

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 01:07 AM

I recommend anyone serious about search engine marketing check it out.

Hello Viz

I understand ClickTracks only displays information about groups of visitors, not individuals. So one can create a visitor tag that represents people who came from a certain site or had a certain tracking parameter.
However, is there anything out there that would allow me to track a unique users history from his original key word search the first time he entered my site along with the referral domain or ad campaign that brought him in. In other words, once I get a buyer can I get his history not just from the day he made his purchase but his pattern, visits, and search terms used from all his visits.
Is all this just wishful thinking on my part?
Tracking the individual and learning what brought him and what took him so long to buy seems more relevant, particularly since I read that the typical buyer will visit the site 5 or 6 times before buying. Knowing just the pattern of the last visit seems meaningless if not misleading.
Jamie

#17 viz

viz

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:04 AM

Hi Jamie

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

ClickTracks does allow you to do some pretty granular analysis using its Advanced Tagging facility which lets you create all sorts of ad hoc reports.

Specific to your question, the Task Wizard enables you to tag and track traffic that visited a specific page. By using this to track traffic that's reached, say, the sales confirmation page, you can see which search engines and keywords are generating the all important traffic that converts and then focus on getting more of that traffic. Clearly not all traffic to a website is equal and you want to focus your energies on targeting quality traffic that benefits your business.

You can also do this using things like Hitslink Enterprise which uses JavaScript bugs to track website traffic and sales conversions. However you don't have the same flexibility in terms of ad hoc reporting.

Both offer free trials, so suggest you give them both a go to see which works best for you.

Let us know how you go. Will be interested to hear your opinion.

Cheers

#18 sydneymelon

sydneymelon

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 08:19 PM

Hi All,

Glad to read all the great testimonials about ClickTracks -- I've demo-ed it and love it too, but am seeking input which package is wisest to purchase as an individual SEM/SEO. Their packages for the SEM crowd are priced and targeted to large marketing companies and ISPs. And their Analyzer package for individual businesses is inflexible since the license only allows one user.

I have a small handful of solid clients and want to remain small, yet I want to be able to provide them with excellent PPC campaign management and ClickTracks looks like the perfect tool. But investing in the thousands for this is not in the cards for a small partnership like mine.

Do any other individual SEOs our there have recommendations for what package to purchase that offers the most flexibility?

-Sydney

Edited by sydneymelon, 18 September 2003 - 12:37 AM.

#19 balz

balz

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:59 PM

I'd like to throw in my thumbs up for Click Tracks 4.0. We have the analyzer version for a few weeks now and so far it has been a good experience.

I would like to point out that I have been talking to ClickTracks support today via instant messenger, and in a few weeks they will make version 4.1 available. This is good news for me since this version also has modules for the Miva storefront we use and I should be able to track users from when they enter the site right through the order process.

b.

#20 LeftCoaster

LeftCoaster

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:34 PM

It doesn't make economic sense to buy our own license for Click Tracks. I'm not an SEO pro or a web hosting co. I'm a small business owner beginning to design our web site. When we're ready to go online how would we find hosting companys that provide Click Tracks?

Steve

Edited by LeftCoaster, 25 September 2003 - 05:47 PM.

#21 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,107 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:44 PM

Hey Steve,

Why not email ClickTracks and ask them? :aloha:

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your