• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Root Domain Not Ranking, Only Subpages Is.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 delgadodesigns

delgadodesigns

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

Hello Webmasters,

What do you think can be causing issues that my main domain is not showing on search results for certain search terms, only my sub-pages are showing up like the reservations page.
ps.I did not get a manual penalty action email.

Thanks,

Edited by Jill, 06 March 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#2 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Just a guess, but could it be because the search engines think that the "sub-pages" meet the searchers' needs better than the "main domain"?

Mike

Edited by Mikl, 06 March 2014 - 08:02 AM.

• reseo likes this

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,110 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

That's how 'rankings' work, Search engines show what THEY determine are the relevant URLs, NOT what you think they should show.

And ALL 'pages' on a website are 'entry' points NOT just the 'home' page.

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

In some cases I have found that people put too much effort into "optimizing" their root URLs and the search engines take that into consideration.

When all else fails, try something different.  If you are completely satisfied with how your home page looks and you're getting good search referral traffic, do nothing.  Things may sort themselves out in the end.

If you're not happy then change something so that you are happier.  Do not judge your happiness by how much traffic you get.

#5 delgadodesigns

delgadodesigns

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for your input. 

#6 humayun417

humayun417

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

I am also having the same problem, i have created a new inner page and it is showing in 20th page and it has zero inbounds and zero PR at toolbar, whereas my homepage has more than a thousand backlinks and PR 3 on Toolbar but still no where in serp why is that? What do i need to do? I mean how do i need to optimize my home page so that it could appear in serp rather than the inner page.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,110 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Exactly the same answers apply. .... With the addition of SGB (Toolbar) PR means nothing at all.

And:

Just because you can count 'backlinks' it doesn't mean they actually count for anything.

#8 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

right.. every single URL counts.. so depending on your root.com path ... you might show just excerpts from some of your posts.. you might show multiple or featured posts, with different content..  I compare it like a magazine.. the cover shows some featured articles... but the true sauce .. the true content is on that page you talk about your specific topic that might be much more relevant for google... in my opinion, it doesn't really matter if you are not ranking with your root... 

if you are ranking with an inner page.. that's good.. work on it, build it up, add more content if you wish..  so obviously google likes it... so this is what I would do.... curious to hear other thoughts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!