• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Gone Too Long! Google's A Zoo!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Google dancing with penguins, pandas and hummingbirds?  WT"!" is going on?!!

Does keyword stuffing your meta-description still help in the SERP's?

How about pointing 250+ bought anchor text links back to my home page?

What about that guy I hired to manual post 100 blog posts with anchor text backlinks to my site?

Ok, just kidding, haven't been gone from SEO that long, but the pen's, pan's and humm's are new to me and weren't around back when I was involved!  I have some catching up to do.

It's good to be back.

Webseeker

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,784 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Does keyword stuffing your meta-description still help in the SERP's?

It never did. :)

I have some catching up to do.

Not really, true SEO hasn't changed in almost twenty years.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

As long as you were following the methods espoused by me and others here, there's nothing you should have to change. 

What's changed is the tricks others were using no longer work (or at least they don't for very long).

So now we are vindicated!

#4 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

It never did. :)

====================
Yes it has.  I know, it happened to me.

I use to be in a very specific small market niche whereas I produced custom items that were found to be very popular.  While there were other competitors, they were few  and they didn't know anything about SEO let alone how to spell it.  My traffic was good and sales were so good, I eventually quit because I was too tired fabricating all the time.  I quit that 3 years ago and the keywords were found for a period of about 1 1/2 years in the 3 years prior to that.

Anyway, I say that because I had keywords in my meta that gave me #1 to #5 results based on what G saw in my meta tag keywords.  How do I think I know?  Because those words were never mentioned anywhere else on the site and in the meta description, only in the meta tag keywords.  And many years before that there was a time when webmasters only had to stuff words in their meta tag keyword area and they would have good results.  Of course it didn't last too long as G fixed that right away... but it did happen.  Also, in my analytics, I got to see how people came to my site and when I see the keyword they used and came to my site due to that and the only indication of that word is in the meta tag keyword area, that's proof in the pudding.

Today I usually place 4 to 7 of the best keywords I use for traffic in there to give me peace of mind, but Matt C pretty much says G disregards anything written in there.

Thanks.

Robert

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,784 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Ten or fifteen years ago it might have seemed as if it did, but in a very low competition market sector it would only need ONE link that had any 'value' using those words to have a URL appearing high in the results

http://googlewebmast...s-meta-tag.html

You should NEVER make the mistake of thinking that you can know why any URL appears in the results, because search engines use FAR more factors that you cannot see, than the ones you can see and assume are used.

Edited by chrishirst, 21 March 2014 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!