• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

What Is The Most Efficient Way To Update Multiple Locations For Maps?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JoshFoster

JoshFoster

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hello,

I work for a company that has about 80 locations and I've been tasked with the job of going through all of them to correct data and find duplicates on Google Maps.  Before I start this process, I have a few questions for anyone that can help.

Maps, Places, and Map Maker  -  Right now I have all of our locations setup on a Places dashboard.  When I update this information, does it automatically update Maps as well?  The part that confuses me is it seems like there are multiple different ways to update data and I don't know the relationship between these three platforms.  I've been browsing the official Google support forum to see if I can find an answer, but Google changes things so quickly I don't know if what I'm reading is current or not.

Verifying Data  -  When I've updated information in the past, the location received a PIN that was needed before any of the changes would take effect.  This proved to be a difficult task sometimes because I work in the administration office, not at any of the individual locations.  Is there an easier way to go about this?  Is there a way that I can "show" Google that I am authorized to make changes for my company without having to communicate with the locations to tell them I need a PIN from them?  I know there used to be some sort of multi-location spreadsheet that could be submitted to Google, but I'm assuming that was phased out a long time ago.

Duplicate Locations  -  I work in the health care industry and it seems that (at some point) Google decided it would be a good idea to list our locations by physician name rather than clinic name.  Of course the clinic listing wasn't actually deleted, so it resulted in several duplicates per location.  Is there any way to prevent this from happening or is it just one of those things that I'm going to have to do manually?

Thanks in advance for your help!  All advice is very appreciated.

Edited by JoshFoster, 27 February 2014 - 11:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!