• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ecommerce - One Page Per Product? Or Category Page And View Via Lightb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xelocity

xelocity

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

I need to make a product page for an ecommerce store to view product info / pics, etc. and i came up with the idea of using a lightbox style popup so that users can view the desired product without leaving the category of products they are currently viewing. This way, user would close the box and continue browsing without having to hit the back button on their browser or go back via link trail.

I believe this would be faster for users to find their desired products, but would it be good to do on an SEO standpoint? The content is within div's that are "popped up" using javascript. I am not sure :dntknw: if it would be more beneficial to instead link to a separate page with product information, as traditionally seen on most ecommerce stores.

Thanks for your input in advance!!!

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,603 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

If you're hoping to receive organic search traffic to product pages (for users who have a good idea of what they're looking for), I think you should stick with the old fashioned indexable product page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!