• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

First Time Poster From An Experienced Seo Expert

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 ranknow

ranknow

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Ok so.

I have never posted on any sort of website regarding SEO. Today i want to type a few things sitting on my mind about what I have noticed over the last 2 years and how Google's Algorythm has changed to cripple SEO companies tactics.

1 - Guest Posting, dont do it

2 - Directory Submissions, dont do it

3 - Article Directories - Dont do it

4 - Forum posting - No relevance or juice passed (dont do it)

5 - Forum Signatures - dont do it

6 - Forum Profiles - dont do it

7 - blog commenting - dont do it

8 - Larger more popular sites dont automatically rank better - Cough bullshit - Asda, Tesco, Amazon, John Lewis just to name a few

9 - Link wheeling - dont do it

10 - Dont buy Links

11 - Dont allow dofollow links in image adverts (banners etc)

12- Create good content. - might work great for very localised search terms but doesnt help in the slightest for national searches

If i look through many of the main competitors on an given hollywood search term virtually all of their links are made up of the following.

I wanted to get everyone elses views on how they are combatting the above and how Google are trying to control the marketing and push smaller companies into the dreaded adwords!

PS sorry about grammar and spelling. Just getting frustrated with the constant barriers that google seem to be putting in everyones way!!

Edited by Jill, 11 February 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,317 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

8. Is true because more people link to such places quite naturally and companies of that nature don't spend that much time on even caring about search engines, their "SEO" focus is where it should be, ..... .... on their websites.

And 1 through to 7 are really only so-called "SEO tactics" used by "so-called SEOs", personally I have never done ANY of those with search engines in mind.

My forum posting [prolific at some places] is/was to help others and help get my 'name' known.

Google are not putting 'barriers' in anybody's way, they are simply repelling the attackers who want to undermine the quality of their index and the results they show to their users. Search marketing is just so, SO  much easier when you work with search engines rather than trying to force them to see that 'your' sites are much better than anyone else's.

When you stop doing that and actually DO make your site 'better' for people oddly enough search engines will 'love' your site as well.

SEO should de re-defined to Site Experience Optimisation © so the search engines are left out of the equation.

#3 ranknow

ranknow

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Do You not think that if you are creating an exceptional piece of content about one of your products and wish to post about it on an article site, then that shouldnt be allowed?

Listen, I am all up to working with search engines but if they take away the means to create good links on sites that are built purely for getting good content across, then i think that is a poor show.

i appreciate that spammers are the main problem and that google is trying to battle this. but it was not so long ago the matt cutts said its was good to do guest posting as long as you dont abuse it. now its not allowed.

kinda going back on their word are they not?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,085 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

You put a lot of what not to do there. But nothing about what TO DO other than "create good content" which means nothing. 

#5 ranknow

ranknow

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hello Jill

Exactly, Creating good content means NOTHING if you have no where to post it. im glad you brought that up.

Regards

Grant

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,085 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

It means nothing without describing what it is, regardless of where you post it.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,317 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

You can put links to your content absolutely anywhere you want, just don't expect ANY of them "boost" your 'rankings' and don't get the links because you think they will.

In one of my very rare occasions of putting virtual pen to virtual paper, the world got this

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,085 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

In answer to your original question, here's how to do SEO now and forever

Hope it helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,