• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Boss Wants No1 Google Spot From New Website

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bumpn

bumpn

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

my boss seems to think i can move words around on a dentist website and get that  first page status

I have optimized multiple pages each page focuses on a different service using keywords using the below criteria as of now im on page 3. this business literally has 0 web presence tho and hes not advertizing on FB or twitter or radio or billboards. nor is anyone willing to work do get that spot by doing the above. I don't want to get fired because hes not understanding or am I doing something wrong??

I have a ew keywords i focused on example "Teeth Cleaning in Columbus Ohio"

results range from 40k to 200k results

here is a snippet

Dental Cleaning, Teeth cleaning and Teeth ...

Professional Teeth Cleaning in Columbus Ohio. Your professional dental cleaning (dental prophylaxis) will be performed by one of our Registered Dental ...

here is what i focused on for each service so each page has a different set of keywords

M: Meta description and keywords tag
H: Header tags: H1, H2, H3
I: Image file names and alt tags
D: Diverse keywords
R: Relevancy
L: Reputable links

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

None of that makes a difference for SEO anymore, and in fact probably hurt (if you're keyword stuffing).

Without doing other forms of online and offline marketing, it's doubtful that words you put on your pages will have any effect.

Why should Google show that particular dentist before they show all those who are willing to invest in their business? 

What is the dentist's unique selling proposition (USP)? Why would people be better off coming there rather than the others? 

Those are the things you have to focus on as well as promoting the USP via social networks and in real life networks.

#3 zephyr

zephyr

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I like the part about "the real life networks"

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

I have a ew keywords i focused on example "Teeth Cleaning in Columbus Ohio"

results range from 40k to 200k results

here is a snippet

Dental Cleaning, Teeth cleaning and Teeth ...

Professional Teeth Cleaning in Columbus Ohio. Your professional dental cleaning (dental prophylaxis) will be performed by one of our Registered Dental ...

here is what i focused on for each service so each page has a different set of keywords

M: Meta description and keywords tag
H: Header tags: H1, H2, H3
I: Image file names and alt tags
D: Diverse keywords
R: Relevancy
L: Reputable links

Is that what your boss would put on the sign by the road or on top of the building where he does business?

People tend to look for dentists who are convenient and willing to work with their schedules and provider plans.  A dentist that offers people without insurance a payment plan takes a risk but may get a lot more patients.

People will remember the name of the dentistry office that goes an extra mile, and they will search for that dentistry office by name.

And it also helps to encourage word-of-mouth advertising through existing patients.

Your boss might also want to volunteer to give some talks at local community health centers and schools.  He can give out plenty of literature with your Website's URL.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

In addition, this article on how to do SEO now and forever should also help clear up some confusion that you and the boss have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!