• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Wordpress With Joomla In Subdomain, Yes Or No?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobbyusb

bobbyusb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi guys,

Actually I am very confused and I really appreciate it if you can help me out here.

I want to have WordPress as my website ( not my blog) and also Joomla as my subdomain, my website represents an ESL center, I need WordPress to get better ranking for my educational articles and enjoy social network plugins and I need Joomla for some of the good components it has for students, such as surveys and registration components. So my website will have a separate subdomain only for Joomla.

So is it SEO friendly to have a WordPress website with Joomla in subdomain?

Do you recommend it? And if yes, should I just install them separately or do I need a plugin or something?

Thank you so much for your support!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,959 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

No

as my website ( not my blog)

A 'blog' is still a website, and you don't really need two websites to promote and manage.

I need WordPress to get better ranking

No you don't.

So is it SEO friendly to have a WordPress website with Joomla in subdomain?

Who cares???

Is it USER friendly should be your main concern.

Having visitors jump around entirely different site architectures can be extremely confusing, and the very LAST thing you should be doing is making visitors think. Also Joomla! and WordPress don't 'play together' too well (been there ... tried it) unless you are careful about how your sub-domain is configured in the server directory structure.

Joomla has all the "social network 'plugins'" that WordPress has (and plugins that let you create your own social network site). Take a look at "CJBlog" and "Community Builder".

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

In addition to what Chris said there are a number of extensions that can be used like blogs or built for blogging. Visit the Joomla extension directory and search for blog. See corePHP Wordpress extension - I use this on several sites; Wordpress living seemlessly within Joomla - imagine that. There is also Yootheme's 'Zoo' as well as K2. You can enable/disable commenting as you choose.

Over several years I and some clients experimented with 'Jomsocial', the supposed complete Joomla social network package. Aside from the fact that it's painfully slow if you're laboring under the assumption that you will create your own social media site, think twice. Facebook is out there and it's a beast to compete with - know your adversaries.

Why would you even say that you need Wordpress for better ranking (that ranking word)? Did you read it in someone's blog or attend a seminar by someone who promotes Wordpress? So long as whatever CMS or method you use to edit pages provides flexibility to manage titles and meta description (and your content) then you're on reasonably solid ground.

What probably kills blogs as much as anything is believing in the one-way street - you write it and the world will flock your way. You have to be a participant, or really a contributor, as well in order to gain trust.

Edited by bobmeetin, 26 January 2014 - 09:28 PM.

• Jill likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!