• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Looking For A Free Tool Tool Like Hashtags....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 InfoSponge

InfoSponge

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hi,

I really like the tool they have at hashtags.org for getting a quick read on how many people are tweeting at a given time for a given subject.

BUT it looks like the free account limits you to searching for 1 hashtag/word at a time. To add a 2nd hashtag is gonna cost me $49 a month, and that's a little steep for me at the moment.

Does anyone know of another tool, or another way to get the same results as you can with a 2 hashtag search using hashtags.org?

Thanks Much 

Edited by Jill, 20 January 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?

#3 InfoSponge

InfoSponge

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Based on your question, I must be missing something huge  :fool: 

Lets say you want to see stats on tweets for 2 terms that need to be looked at together like:

Christmas, Gifts

or

Bridal, Makeup

The way it is now, I can only enter ONE of those terms at a time. There quite a difference between discussions about Christmas, and those about Christmas + Gifts.

Edited by InfoSponge, 20 January 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

So are you hoping to break new ground by going in for "after the fact" marketing??

#5 InfoSponge

InfoSponge

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

I think I have explained what I am after clearly enough. Any useful information gratefully accepted.

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

I beg to differ. I think what Michael and Chris are saying is that they can't figure out how having this "two hashtag" information would be particularly useful. And I confess, I find myself in that camp as well.

Interesting, yes. Fun to play around with, of course. But I'm having a hard time visualizing what information I'd get from it that I wouldn't either already know or be able to find out easily enough through other channels. But you're not telling us what you really want to do with this information; you're simply asking specifically about what services might let you search two hashtags simultaneously.

So when you ask for a tool that will let you look at two hashtags at once, well, the only one I know of off the top of my head is hashtags.org (and the only reason I know about that one is because you mentioned it). But you've already said you don't want to pay $49 a month for their service. Now, thinking logically, if you can gain more than $49 worth of additional business from having this info, then refusing to pay $49 a month is silly. You'd recoup the money almost immediately, and then some. So, what you're saying is that you think being able to simultaneously search on two hashtags is going to bring you somewhere between $0 and $49 of additional business per month.

Which again begs the question: why bother? So, we must be missing something.

If we knew what you were trying to accomplish -- not "search multiple hashtags at once" but whatever it is you think you're going to be able to do with this data -- we might be able to suggest an alternative means of getting the information you need. Our experience over many years here has been that people often think they know what they "need" and come in here asking for that... but what they really need is something else entirely. It turns out they've misunderstood a "tip" they read somewhere, or that they have a misguided idea about How Things Work, or that they've fallen for the sales hype of some service provider, or they're simply not that experienced with marketing in general.

Not saying any of those are the case with you, of course. But it's easier for us to provide useful answers if we know what the actual goal is.

--Torka :oldfogey:

• Jill likes this

#7 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

You cannot click on two hashtags at the same time in Twitter. You can SEARCH on them, but most people (I believe) are just clicking on the hashtags if they use Twitter the way I do (especially when I am on my smart phone).

I think there is limited value in looking at combined hashtag statistics. That said, you can use some tools to look at CamelCase (two words combined) and hyphenated-hashtags.

The Twitter API apparently does not support fetching data on two hashtags at the same time so you probably won't find any tools that can do what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!