• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Is 2014 Best Link Building Activity ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 mathew512

mathew512

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

Hello All,

I have a fresh website and i want to promte this website so please let me know what is best link building activity so that i can get ranking easily for my website. If any one have idea and best submissions sites than share me.

Thanks

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,226 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

What Is 2014 Best Link Building Activity ?

Don't do any.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,668 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

"Link building" is a misnomer. Any links you "build" (i.e. create yourself) are essentially worthless -- or, at least, if they're not worthless now, they will be soon as Google gets even better at identifying and discounting these "self-made" links.

Instead of thinking about "link building" think in terms of "link attracting." Make your site as terrific as it can be -- informative, interesting, entertaining, beautiful to look at, fun (or at least useful) to read. Then use good old Marketing 101 to make sure relevant people know about it.

If your site is a top-notch resource and you get a few of the right people to visit it, the links will come. And they'll be real "editorial" links, the kind that Google loves (and the kind that bring you real, converting traffic, too -- apart from any "SEO benefit").

--Torka :oldfogey:

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,641 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

what is best link building activity so that i can get ranking easily for my website

Do what Torka's recommending. It won't be easy, but the easy route won't work, at least not for very long.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

"Link building" is a misnomer. Any links you "build" (i.e. create yourself) are essentially worthless -- or, at least, if they're not worthless now, they will be soon as Google gets even better at identifying and discounting these "self-made" links.

I wouldn't go so far as to put it that way. Most people who are building links are actually doing it the right way: in small numbers between clearly related Websites they own with no real intention of influencing search results.

Outside of that narrow spectrum, I would agree that a lot of link building is either a waste of time or soon will be.

I just think that people are becoming so paranoid about "link building" that the message is getting confused. It's okay to link to your main Website from your social media account. It's not so okay to create 25, 50, 100 social media accounts to get links to your site.
  • smallbusinessexpo likes this

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,668 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

I should probably clarify -- the kinds of links you mention (from your social media profile to your website, for instance) aren't worthless over all. Certainly, any link that has the potential to bring your site real, interested human traffic isn't actually worthless in general. I mean, after all, I have placed those sorts of links myself. :)

But the original question was about increasing rankings, so my answer was given within that context. And when you're talking about organic SEO, links you can easily create yourself aren't going to help you much. (Which is as it should be, IMO.)

--Torka :oldfogey:

#7 Rebecca

Rebecca

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

I used to buy links from very respectful SEO companies. It helped me to get PR4 after last update. But 4 months ago all my sites got banned by Google, and now there is nothing I can do about it.

So the risks of paid links are too high.

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,226 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

So the risks of paid links are too high.

No! The risks of being stupid and buying links for useless SGB PR is what is too high.

Buying advertising links for the RIGHT REASONS is NOT a problem, ... Ever!

#9 Lazar

Lazar

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

How valuable is link exchange practice? For example, if I find someone who has wrote about "How to create a Facebook profile" and I have a post about "How to design your cover photo on Facebook", and if he links to my blog post and I do the same linking to his post, does that have any value in terms of increasing ranking? 

And where should I put the link of his blog post?

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,226 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

How valuable is link exchange practice?

It isn't.

For example, if I find someone who has wrote about "How to create a Facebook profile" and I have a post about "How to design your cover photo on Facebook", and if he links to my blog post and I do the same linking to his post, does that have any value in terms of increasing ranking?

None at all.

And where should I put the link of his blog post?

In the waste bin!

IF you are going to link to somewhere, do so because it is useful to your visitors.

http://webmaster-tal...ing-good-or-bad

http://webmaster-tal...-secret-life-of

Edited by chrishirst, 23 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!