• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Can't Recover Our Site's Rankings

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Promoman

Promoman

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

We have been in business over 7 years and have done very well up till about 3-4 months ago - conversions was not the issue as we have over 25 years experience in what we do and have had years of success marketing - so ranking high for keywords is our first issue as far as traffic is concerned. If they don't see us, they can't view our site.  We already use PPC, email to our customer list and other means of marketing, but strong natural traffic for many years has gotten us spoiled.  As far as finding someone to scour our site - I guess it is something we will just have to keep doing deeper and deeper with advice from the SEO community - we have succeeded all these years doing it ourselves, so might as well stay the course!

#17 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Here is something to keep in mind:

I actually have some old sites myself that have fallen out of favor with the search engines (and I no longer make much time for them).  This is a normal process but if you have not been updating your site, think about that, too.

And, yes, the declines in traffic can be sudden and dramatic, for any number of reasons.

Edited by Michael Martinez, 29 January 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#18 SEOCopyWiterUK

SEOCopyWiterUK

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

It is likely that your link profile would be the main reason. If you have loads of low quality links or broken ones you should get rid of them. Thanks to Google, it is a simple process. After you have removed the links you need to send the site over to Google and ask for reconsideration. 

This link might help you with the process: it is an easy to follow step-by-step tutorial by Google, If you get stuck, let me know. 

https://support.goog...r/2648487?hl=en

Regards

Laura

#19 Promoman

Promoman

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Thanks all for your feedback

1. We constantly update this site and totally revamped it at a high cost about a month ago. We also have been adding some great user features and free downloads.

2. We have deleted almost every link we can find - certainly any self built links in blogs, and bookmark sites - and have requested directories to remove links - most of the links were not created by or requested by us but are scraper and foreign sites -

3. We disavowed thousands of links  including the ones that could not be removed with any effort.

So, with that said - it is frustrating...

#20 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

So chances are that now that you removed and disallowed all your links, you now don't have very many. Which in turn will affect how and when Google shows you're site for relevant searches.

• SEOCopyWiterUK likes this

#21 Promoman

Promoman

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Understood - but still not sure how sites with almost no links, or sites with over 100,000 links still rank well.  I know I am only supposed to focus on my site - but I cannot believe some of our competitors have convinced that many other sites to link to them naturally for the industry we are in.  Oh well.

Someone here did the disavow who has since been fired - and now finding a handful of links that were disavowed that were actually good ones that people created naturally by linking to us - hopefully if removed from disavow file - google will reconsider as good links

#22 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

Understood - but still not sure how sites with almost no links, or sites with over 100,000 links still rank well.  I know I am only supposed to focus on my site - but I cannot believe some of our competitors have convinced that many other sites to link to them naturally for the industry we are in.  Oh well.

Yours is a very common anxiety.  People are always wondering about their competitors.  I have had a few occasions to peak over the shoulders of competitive Internet marketers.  They all worry about the same things, make the same mistakes, struggle with the same frustrations.

Someone here did the disavow who has since been fired - and now finding a handful of links that were disavowed that were actually good ones that people created naturally by linking to us - hopefully if removed from disavow file - google will reconsider as good links

Google says they only look at the most current version of the disavow file.

Links can come in mysterious ways. You just have to give people something to talk about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!