• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Is Showing Irrelevant Pages Of My Website In Serp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vn4209

vn4209

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hello Webmasters,

I need your help. I work for a web development company. Suppose my website is xyz.com and inner pages are xyz.com/php-web-development, xyz.com/joomla-web-development, xyz.com/wordpress-web-development, xyz.com/magento-web-development etc.

My target market is google.com.au, Now the problem is this - when I search "Hire PHP Developer Melbourne" in Google, Google doesn't show the relevant page.  Google is showing this page xyz.com/joomla-web-development rather than xyz.com/php-web-development. However earlier it was going fine. But from last 4 weeks (Near 1 month), these types of problem are going on for my website, other keywords when I search there like "Hire Magento Developer Melbourne" then google shows this page xyz.com/php-web-development. I have not targeted the Magento Developer Melbourne or Magento related thing on xyz.com/php-web-development

Could you please help me to figure out this problem? Why Google is showing irrelevant results in SERP for my website. In Bing and Yahoo my website is going fine but only for Google, these problems are coming up.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Because those are the document URLs that Google's algorithm has determined that are relevant to the users query.

If you are the user that is seeing those results, you need to stop searching for "your key words" because;

A: They are not "your" key words

B: When you behave like a "rank checker" you skew the results that you see.

Could you please help me to figure out this problem?

Yes! STOP rank checking, it does you no good at all.

Take note of the date of this thread, that's how long it has been since checking your rankings was useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!