In March of 2013 we deployed a completely new website on our domain, [removed]. The old site was relatively well received by google and we had achieved a #1 ranking for our main keyword "drawer slides" and top 3 rankings for many important keywords for our industry. We held those positions for a few years. We thought that we had done a pretty damn good job, of SEO, for the new site. We 301 redirected all of links from the old URL's to the new URL's and spent considerable time ensuring canonical links were in place and working properly. Shortly after launch google slammed our organic links and dropped them, considerably. Over the last 9 months we've seen some recovery until last month when we fell off again. Now, we rank for almost nothing except crappy, obscure long tail keywords. In addition, the wrong pages are showing up for ALL of our queries. We used to rank on the 5th page(down from 1st position) for "drawer slides" but it was never for our home page or "drawer slides" category, which are the obvious choices. We've always ranked in the top 3 for "heavy duty drawer slides" now we rank on the 5th page and google has chosen "self closing drawer slides" instead of our "heavy duty drawer slides" category. As you can imagine this has decimated our organic sales.
I'm honestly perplexed. I have absolutely no idea what google wants from us but, it's apparent, that we're doing something wrong.
Edited by Jill, 27 December 2013 - 06:46 PM.