• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Link Building Techniques

Best Answer qwerty , 25 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

If that's all you do, it's not likely to help them. And even if you built up the reputations of your sites by creating authoritative, unique content, the apparent fact that your plan is to use links from these sites to boost the rankings of your "clients" (i.e., people who pay you) means that Google is unlikely to view the links as editorial in nature. If the search engine determines that you're linking to a site because you were paid to do so, the links won't be permitted to boost your clients algorithmically.

If you manage to build up the sites to the point where they have a huge audience that's relevant to your clients' businesses, then the links will serve to publicize the clients, and that could be worth something to them, but it won't directly boost their rankings in Google searches.

By the way, when you say that these sites have "a PR or 4-5," I assume you're referring to the PR as reported in the toolbar for the home pages of these sites. But are all of these links going to come from the home pages of your sites? Even if your links to the clients actually passed PR, it would be the PR of the linking pages that meant something (and not much, at that), not the PR of the home pages.

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Greg0511

Greg0511

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hello,

I am hoping to start an online marketing directory, in which I would sell advertising space and a bit of seo to companies in my targeted niche. I plan on buying a few sites to create a pr network. My question is, when I begin to take on larger clients, how do I go about ranking their sites higher in google? I know providing various back links to their sites will work, but say I took on 25 clients and gave them about three links per home page on each site, will all of these links work against each other when it comes to link juice? Also, how would I go about decluttering my pr sites, so the content is not just filled with link after link? I apologize for all of the questions and thank you for your time!

Greg
  • mattylad likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,112 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

I know providing various back links to their sites will work,

It won't.

• mattylad likes this

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

The pages that link to those sites have to have some value to pass any value through those links. If they're created in order to link to those sites, they're not likely to have any real value to pass.

#4 Greg0511

Greg0511

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

So am I wrong in believing that if I buy several sites with, say, a PR of 4-5, and make them relevant to my client's niche, links on these sites will not help to propel their pages up in the google ranks?
  • mattylad likes this

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:01 AM   Best Answer

If that's all you do, it's not likely to help them. And even if you built up the reputations of your sites by creating authoritative, unique content, the apparent fact that your plan is to use links from these sites to boost the rankings of your "clients" (i.e., people who pay you) means that Google is unlikely to view the links as editorial in nature. If the search engine determines that you're linking to a site because you were paid to do so, the links won't be permitted to boost your clients algorithmically.

If you manage to build up the sites to the point where they have a huge audience that's relevant to your clients' businesses, then the links will serve to publicize the clients, and that could be worth something to them, but it won't directly boost their rankings in Google searches.

By the way, when you say that these sites have "a PR or 4-5," I assume you're referring to the PR as reported in the toolbar for the home pages of these sites. But are all of these links going to come from the home pages of your sites? Even if your links to the clients actually passed PR, it would be the PR of the linking pages that meant something (and not much, at that), not the PR of the home pages.

• mattylad likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!