• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Need Help With Ppc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 millermarshall22

millermarshall22

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Hi all
 I have idea about organic optimization but one of my client wants to do pay per click for his hair care business.
So i want to know 

1.what should i know before launching PPC campaign
1. Detail information about how to set up pay per click campaign
2. What kind of pay per click plan i should go with 
3.how much money should i charge to my client
 Thanks

4. When i search any keyword in Google i see some of the add related websites are in every pages like second and third pages but some other changes. What is this?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

1.what should i know before launching PPC campaign

How to research the appropriate key words and phrases

1. Detail information about how to set up pay per click campaign

Buy a book!

2. What kind of pay per click plan i should go with

One that will provide a positive RoI for the client

3.how much money should i charge to my client

Nothing, because you do NOT have the expertise to run it appropriately. So why should your client pay you to practice with their money??

4. When i search any keyword in Google i see some of the add related websites are in every pages like second and third pages but some other changes. What is this?

Absolutely no idea what you are saying or asking.

• Jessia2020 and saif123 like this

#3 millermarshall22

millermarshall22

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

I am asking about pay per click 

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yes, it's clear that's what you're asking about.

What Chris was saying was that your fourth question is difficult to understand. What I think you're saying is that when you look at the Google search results, some AdWords ads display in the margin on more than one page of results, while others do not. (In other words, you search for "key phrase one" and you see Ad #1 on page one of the SERPs, then again on page two; while Ad #2 only appears on page one.)

Did I understand your question correctly?

Look, I agree with Chris. If you don't even know the basics about PPC such that you've never even set up a campaign before, you have no business charging a client for the "service." If you want to learn how to administer a PPC campaign and use them as "practice," and they agree to be your "test case," that might be OK. But make sure they understand you don't know what you're doing and you're just using them as a learning experience. And don't charge them anything extra -- they're already going to be paying for the clicks on their ads. And since you don't know what you're doing, they'll almost certainly be paying more than they should for those clicks, at least until you get some more experience under your belt. Asking them to also pay even more for your learning time simply adds insult to injury.

They're almost certainly asking because they think you're an experienced professional -- or that you'll refer them to someone else who is.

That would be the professional thing to do.

Refer them to someone who has experience in PPC. Then perhaps (with client permission) you can "watch over their shoulder" -- see how the more experienced person has got the campaign set up, how the ads are worded, what landing pages they point to, how everything is performing (without changing anything, of course!) and use that -- in conjunction with Google's and Bing's online tutorials and maybe some self study with a book (I know, I know, a book! How old fashioned is that?) -- as your education in PPC.

Then, when the next client comes along, you can plausibly market yourself as having at least some knowledge of PPC. Sorry if this comes across as harsh. But taking on this client as though you're a "PPC professional" at this point would be unethical, at best.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• saif123 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!