• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are My Internal Links Invisible To Google?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 35kus

35kus

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me out. My website designer says it is not an issue, but I think otherwise. I have a new website which consists of a home page and several sub pages. Somehow the links menu from index.html is called for all the sub pages as well (I believe the term may be bootstrap). The link structure looks fine to the end user on all the pages, but my main concern is that it may be invisible to google. For example, if I go to any of the sub pages and look at the source code, the coding for the links menu is not there. Furthermore, if I use the w3c link checker on the sub pages, it doesn't find the links. Am I correct in assuming this is an issue for my internal linking?

I'd link to post the link to the website so you can get an idea of what I mean, but I think that may be breaking the rules (please let me know if I can).

Thanks in advance :-)

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Am I correct in assuming this is an issue for my internal linking?

It could be, but Google is getting better at seeing those types of menus these days even if it doesn't seem like they can. (Look at Google's text cache.)

That said, it might actually be better for them not to see the links to all the subpages because you're likely splitting your link popularity to thinly. The best architecture is to link to the main categories in your global navigation and then when anyone gets to those categories they can then see the submenu for the subcategories within each category. 

See this article on site architecture for more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!