• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Articles

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 misterkel

misterkel

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'd like to post articles on my site, then repost them on certain authority sites. How do I go about that for best SEO?

Will it count as dupe content and cause problems?

(sorry - I'm a beginner.)

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

In Order

You don't!

Yes.

and

Yes.

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

LOLOL Chrishirst :)

Misterke, to elaborate, that style of article marketing is long past being effective.  Google has demoted practically all the article distribution sites to having 0 link value.  I'd suggest you start a blog using Wordpress.  Perhaps you'd allow a handful of other blogs to reprint your articles, but for the most part, you'd want to guest blog for them.

This means writing an article that would appear on their blog (usually for 2 weeks) then you can print it on yours.  The benefits are getting you in front of a new market that you might now have otherwise been able to reach and also driving traffic directly to your site.  You'll get some link value from it, too, IF the blog owner has turned on do-follow links.

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

...then repost them on certain authority sites....

There are ways to republish content on multiple sites such that you won't violate search engine guidelines.

However, I have to ask what you mean by "certain authority sites".

#5 misterkel

misterkel

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

However, I have to ask what you mean by "certain authority sites".

I'm a financial blogger on the gold market. Certain sites post articles specifically on topic - [removed]comes to mind. They are an article aggregator, but 90% content is gold market related. The content is great. So can you post to a topic specific site with a solid readership?

Edited by Jill, 22 November 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm a financial blogger on the gold market. Certain sites post articles specifically on topic - [removed]comes to mind. They are an article aggregator, but 90% content is gold market related. The content is great. So can you post to a topic specific site with a solid readership?

There are many aggregators out there doing their thing. Some of them are pretty good, although in my opinion the best ones only publish excerpts and link back to the source.

Syndicating your full articles to even a small group of aggregators is, in my opinion, a high-risk strategy. If the site has a verifiable large readership (like Business Insider) then syndication should get you some new eyeballs.

But you want to make sure the search engines see proper canonical markup showing that your Website published the content first and is the source. So any aggregator that takes your full content should guarantee you that kind of acknowledgement.

For my own clients I have advised that they change the headlines on syndicated content; it's even better if you rewrite a little bit of the article. The less you automate the process the better.

But there are also ways to syndicate content so that it doesn't appear on the search engines' radar. For example, the aggregator could publish your articles in a "dark" folder or subdomain that blocks crawlers and/or uses the "noindex" meta directive.

If you're really interested in syndicating just for the traffic and reach, that's a perfectly valid marketing strategy. But a lot of sites have gotten into trouble by throwing their content across the Web in a loose, confusing way.

Don't ever allow syndication to dilute your brand value.

#7 misterkel

misterkel

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

If you're really interested in syndicating just for the traffic and reach, that's a perfectly valid marketing strategy. But a lot of sites have gotten into trouble by throwing their content across the Web in a loose, confusing way.

@Michael - thanks for the helpful reply. Question - How would you approach syndicating primarily for the traffic? Guest-blogging on financial blogs?

#8 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

@Michael - thanks for the helpful reply. Question - How would you approach syndicating primarily for the traffic? Guest-blogging on financial blogs?

Find a very popular Website that has a small number of guest columnists and become one of their regular, frequent, most popular contributors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!