Seriously! This is what a lead who called me on the phone just now told me when we discussed SEO copy. Supposedly, the latest Internet conference he just went to that had the best in the business as speakers <gag, cough> said this. Are you kidding me?
So, if this were true, surely the SEO companies who rank really well would be using this technique, right? Let's just see here...
I'm on Google typing in a search for "search engine optimization services." (No quotes.)
- Site Ranked #1 - 199 words
- Site Ranked #2 - 110 words
- Site Ranked #3 - An article by Search Engine Watch with 1,300 words
- Site Ranked #4 - 515 words
- Site Ranked #5 - 306 words
Shall I keep going?
Why do people make crap like this up?