• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Search Result Issues In Google.com.au

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 itdeep

itdeep

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

Hi All,
Please help me. I am from India and working on my Australian client website.
Issue is keyword ranking is display on www.google.com.au in INDIA Location. But when my client check keyword ranking on www.google.com.au in Darwin, Australia then nothing comes up.

Why does it work in my end (India) and not my client end (Australian) on same search engine www.google.com.au ?

My client is very disappointed with this. Please let me know what is the main reason behind it.

Thanks

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

It's because everyone's results are personalized. If you were on the other side of Darwin, you still probably wouldn't see the same exact results as your client does.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,618 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Which is one reason why rankings are a poor measure of "success" in SEO.

Perhaps you could try instead measuring something that actually means something tangible to the customer. Say, for instance, traffic from organic search sources. If that is going up, then your SEO work is having a positive effect. See, it doesn't matter how good the rankings you (or your client) see. If those rankings don't translate into additional traffic, they're worthless.

As a bonus, traffic is easier to measure and isn't subject to personalization of results.

If you could also tie that increased traffic to increased conversions, that would be even better.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

You should be looking at the geographical referral data for the client site in analytics.

Quite possibly if you are acquiring links for the client site their geographical location is being included in the algorithms' evaluation of the client site's context. That is entirely speculative on my part but what a number of people have suggested to me is that if they "build links in Canada" they "do better in Canada than in United Kingdom".

To see what the client is seeing you should use a proxy service that has a data center in Australia. Your view of the search results will be much closer to the client's SERPs.

I don't have a list of proxy services to provide but you should be able to search for them. Before signing up with any specific service, make you sure you can actually surf the Web from a proxy server in the country where you need to see a local point of view.

That's not always possible. For example, a while back I had trouble finding a proxy service for a client who lives on an island. I finally told him he would have to send me SERP reports for me to look at if he wanted SERP-level analysis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!