• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

No Longer Under Manual Penalty - But Some Pages Are Not Indexed

Best Answer chrishirst , 25 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

And #2 on page 1.  How does that happen so fast?

Getting crawled or appearing in the results??

Because it may have been crawled several days ago  and  the server that your results are coming from has only just been synched up.

Appearing in results? No surprises there because all newly indexed URLs appear with 'high ranking' for a few days.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RYates

RYates

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

We are no longer under a Google manual Penguin penalty, (it was removed in March 2013), but I just noticed today that one of our pages is not indexed by Google.

It is a page that's been around for over 6 years.

It is a section/category page that has a moz page authority of 35, domain authority of 42.

The products located on this section page are indexed by google, and on first page of serp for the keywords.

The meta title is accurate, the meta description of page is good.

But this section page which is highly relevant to the keywords, and there is not much competition on these keywords either, is not indexed by Google.

Should I contact Google?  Or someone on this forum might be able to peek at my page and provide some insights?

Thank you!

Ron

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,939 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

The obvious check is to make sure it doesn't have no index or is being blocked by robots.txt. If those aren't the case check for the same content on a different URL. 

#3 RYates

RYates

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I checked and none of the above was true.  I went in WMT and submitted the url to be indexed.  And today the page is indexed!  And #2 on page 1.  How does that happen so fast?  Crazy.  I checked last few weeks and it wasn't there when i searched google "site:url"

Thanks!

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,603 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Possibly a coincidence. There might have been some kind of glitch or delay for some reason, and the indexing / ranking for that page just happened to occur along about the same time you submitted it via WMT. (One thing at lot of us are really bad about in SEO is mixing up correlation with causation. :) )

Of course, it could have happened because of your request, too. Google works in mysterious ways sometimes.

--Torka :oldfogey:

• RYates likes this

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,869 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:55 AM   Best Answer

And #2 on page 1.  How does that happen so fast?

Getting crawled or appearing in the results??

Because it may have been crawled several days ago  and  the server that your results are coming from has only just been synched up.

Appearing in results? No surprises there because all newly indexed URLs appear with 'high ranking' for a few days.

• RYates likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!