• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Client Wants To Add Blogs To Existing Site.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Just a quick question,

My one of my client wants to add their blogs from other sites on their main business site. 

Is there any harm in doing this? What about duplicate content? Will the site be penalized in any way shape or form? 

Also, they wants to add social media to it as well.

:dntknw:

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Can you clarify? By "blogs" do you mean blog posts or whole blog sites? And if it's blog posts, do you mean posts they've written for other blogs, or just posts they think will be of interest to people reading on their site?

And what do you mean by "add social media"? Are you talking about adding social sharing buttons to those posts? Adding social media profiles and creating content to publish there? A broad definition of "social media" would actually include blogs themselves, since they usually allow comments from readers.

#3 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Can you clarify? By "blogs" do you mean blog posts or whole blog sites? And if it's blog posts, do you mean posts they've written for other blogs, or just posts they think will be of interest to people reading on their site?

And what do you mean by "add social media"? Are you talking about adding social sharing buttons to those posts? Adding social media profiles and creating content to publish there? A broad definition of "social media" would actually include blogs themselves, since they usually allow comments from readers.

Ok, 

first they want to put blogs on their site that have been posted else wheres.

secondly, I think they just want social media like buttons.

I just don't want to impact the sites listings on goggle. No matter what, this cannot happen.

If there is a change that google could do something funny, I will tell them no.

Is there a change the site could get bungled? 

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,959 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

If they're just putting blog posts that have been written by others on their site, then yes, it can be a problem with Google as that's obviously duplicate content. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!